“"Thanks Martin"”

Park Lodge Guest House
Ranked #1 of 9 Farnborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Park Lodge. We were warmly welcomed by Martin and shown to our room which was warm and very clean with the added bonus of a power shower and a welcome tray for us to make tea/coffee etc.
This year Martin has added a newly built, spacious, glass-fronted dining room to serve his delicious breakfasts. We had a choice of piping hot, cooked to order breakfast, cereals, yoghurts, fruit etc. Martin even provided me with gluten-free sausages so I could enjoy one of his superb "full English breakfasts" a service which I have not found in other places we have visited.
Martin goes out of his way to get to know all his guests and as we were attending the professional Darts at Lakeside (which is close by) he gave us the local taxi number to get the best value and also recommended the local pub for our evening meal.
Once again we left well fed and relaxed and will definitely be back, thanks very much Martin.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JanetCS_12

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Lovely rooms, great food and hospitality. The owners, Martin and Gill, can't do enough for you. Lots of off-road parking. They now have a fabulous new breaksfast/conference room. Would defintiely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie K
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Just come back from a weekend at Ascot races. Just needed a place to sleep for a couple of nights. Park lodge is great access to Ascot & surrounding areas. Rooms comfortable and breakfast excellent. Martin the owner is a rare find these days, putting the customer first and making them have the best stay that is possible. Local pub 5 min walk away, which suited us for a quick evening meal.
Highly recommended in every way.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Martin has produced an exceptional yet fantastic value for money guest house with Park Lodge. He went out of his way to warmly greet us in the pouring rain in the car park.(Take note all propietors, first impressions etc.) He advised where to eat in the evening and produced quality breakfasts in the morning. I`ve never been offered eggs florentine in a B and B before and boy was it good! Our room was immaculately clean with a good comfortable bed. Martin spoke of his plans to extend the business. He deserves to do well.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I don't usually stay in B&B, but my normal hotel was fully booked so I took a chance. I've now given up on the hotel and only stay here. Great location, a short walk to the train or the local pub, off street parking, WiFi etc. The rooms, and I've been in most of them, are all clean and tidy with interesting local photography on display. Martin could not be more helpful and breakfast is worth a visit on its own. Off street parking is a bonus, I can even leave my hire car at the end of my stay, walk to the train and leave the keys with Martin for collection. 1st class service. I now check availability before arranging my business trips as I don't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon J
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I stayed here before visiting Guildford university with my son,the room the service and the amazing eggs benedict for breakfast were a credit to Martin.
I have stayed in expensive hotels and not had a breakfast this good .
I will recommend this establishment to everyone and defiantly return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We booked the family room for just a one night stay based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed!

From the moment we arrived Martin made us feel extremely welcome, nothing was too much trouble - even down to giving us directions to the local supermarket.

The room was well furnished, spotlessly clean with en-suite including gorgeous power shower... just what the doctor ordered after a long drive! And at £65 for 2 adults and a child extremely good value for money.

Breakfast was very good, cooked to order and special mention has to made to the sausages - delicious!

If we are ever in Farnborough area again will not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family