“Finally good management ”
Review of Tree House - CLOSED

Tree House
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I can honestly say I am much happier visiting this place now. I used to be ignored and never felt like a wanted customer, all the staff used to hang around the bar and it was very obvious they were more important than customers. I saw some of them with their own cans of drink which I think is disgusting and terrible look for the business. There's not much of a choice in the area so we carried on visiting the place. Must say I am much happier and feel like a valued customer. Well done for making a change!

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your positive review following your recent visit. We are passionate about getting it right and your feedback will help us to achieve this aim. We really hope you will visit us again and we have sent you a personal reply.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have been a regular at this particular Harvester for many years and have seen the change over of different managers! Since the old manager Lorraine Pound was transferred to Reading and the new manager had taken over, the staff have become very withdrawn and unhappy. All the staff used to after their shifts all sit down and unwind together with a drink and sometimes done thing to eat...... This has all changed now and as soon as their shift has finished they have to leave the premises,new managers rules not company! I over heard 1 young girl say that she would have to sit in one of her colleagues cars as she was getting a lift home and would be waiting for at least 1/2 an hour in the cold and dark as she was not allowed to wait in the bar! When Lorraine was in charge the staff all worked as a family and were all very happy ..... I also feel that there is a atmosphere there which is putting me off eating there and I would rather go else where.
The way the new manager speaks to the waitresses is also disgusting having 1 poor girl in tears....I feel he needs some lessons on how to talk and manage his fantastic team. Keep smiling guys you are all worth a million of him and keep up the good work.!!

We have replied to you personally following your recent comments left on Trip Advisor. We aim to improve and your feedback will help us to achieve this.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We went for the £4.99 menu. Salad first and then fish and chips all for £4.99 was very good value. Fish and chip shops charge between £4.50 and £7. The main came out piping hot, which hasn't always been the case. Was tasty and filling. Service was good. Will visit again soon.

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant. Your feedback is most appreciated and will be noted by everyone at The Tree House Harvester.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

As we arrived for 12pm we had no problem in getting a table. We explained to the staff what type of table we wanted and they had no trouble in accommodating for our needs. We explained to the waiter that we would like to have some salad first before ordering our main meals, again no issue. The salad bar looked fresh and appetising, great availability. We then ordered our main meals and didn't have to wait long for them to arrive, overall I was quiet disappointed, I ordered the ultimate chicken platter. There wasn't a lot of flavour in my opinion and the peri peri sauce didn't seem that hot, compared to previous visits. However the chicken was good perfectly and came straight off the bone. This is the first time I've ever been in a Harvester's and felt disappointed in the food.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for raising these issues with us. We always aim to learn through the feedback we receive, and we have replied to you personally about this matter.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

we use the harvester often,its very good value and the food has always come out looking and tastes fine...great 9.99 menu..staff have always been friendly to us,nothing to much trouble..we do however go before the regular rush hour times...i can imagen it gets very busy during the evenings..only fault would be.NEED MORE CHOICE for vegetarians as the quiche on the menu i dont like.....

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments following your recent visit to The Tree House Harvester.