“Horrific girls toilets...”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Hampshire
“Horrific girls toilets...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The thing that lets this place down for me is the girls disgusting toilets. Its the only restaurant where if I know I am going there, I go before I leave the house! I have been going to this place for a few years and its never improved, what kind of Management would ignore this?! Awful.

1 Thank 789TravelBug2211
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Tree House, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your interesting and informative comments on Trip Advisor following your recent visit. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and have replied to you personally, as we are working hard at getting it right.

Rainham, United Kingdom
“You know what you are getting”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

As I was staying at the Travel Lodge next door I thought I would eat here. The good thing with a restaurant like a Harvester is that you know what you will be getting before you walk in - a clean and tidy place to eat, friendly waiting staff who can be a little too keen to find out if "everything is OK", a salad bar that typically needs stocking up and a range of food that is filling, calorie laden and probably lacks a little nutritional value. Add it all up and you get a reasonable meal at a fair price. It was fairly busy on a Wednesday night but service was good and I have no doubt that I'll return again to this particular outlet.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for your positive review following your recent visit. We are passionate about getting it right and your feedback will help us to achieve this aim. We really hope you will visit us again and we have sent you a personal reply.
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Back After Six Years”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The last time I visited this Harvester was almost six years ago, when I was working in Blackwater. This time, I was on my way to an evening out, in Basingstoke, and thought this would be the best place to grab an inexpensive meal. I managed to get in early enough, before 6PM,that it wasn't too busy and I was immediately seated. I went for one of their £9.99 deals, which includes a main course, unlimited salad bar, a refillable soft drink, and a dessert. I had the cheeseburger and it was very tasty. The waitress, Theresa, was great. When I ordered my dessert which was ice cream with a sauce, they were out of chocolate sauce. Seeing how disappointed I was, Theresa suggested chocolate sprinkles, instead. Great save! The salad bar seemed fresher than the last Harvester I went to. They also offer free wifi. Easy access from the M3 and free parking, what more could you want?

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Surprised by reviews”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

After having a cold meal about 8 months ago we decided to give the harvester another chance this Friday. The car park didn't look to busy and when we went inside we were told maximum 15 mins along with another couple. We sat for 30 mins and watched as other couples turned up and were seated straight away. Then the couple who followed us were seated. We were sat right next to the front desk and constantly overlooked. Felt like it was a regulars hotspot with people rushing to clear tables for certain ' friends ' turning up. Went to try and find someone to say we weren't staying to wait and after 10 mins gave up and walked out. We gave it another chance but will definitely not be going again. We went to a pub nearby and were sat straight away on a busy Friday.

Visited April 2014
We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have also replied to you personally on this matter.
“The best harvester I've been too! :)”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The exterior is lovely, as well as the interior. Everytime I visit it's busy, the food is expectedly good! I'm definitely a fan of the salad card! Who isn't!?
Staff are polite too! I'll be returning!

• Visited January 2014
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Tree House, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
May we thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, it is good to know that you found your visit to be a pleasurable experience, and we have replied to you personally.