“Ticked the box”
Review of Tree House - CLOSED

Tree House
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
“Ticked the box”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The ribs are delicious - the whole reason for our visit. Good portions, no room for a pud! Always room for more variety on the salad cart and perhaps cut down on the amount of tables, but it fulfilled our needs. The service was good, no rushing as it was mid afternoon and not busy.

• Visited June 2014
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Tree House, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your review, we do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments following your recent visit to The Tree House Harvester.

London, United Kingdom
“Nothing to recommend”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ate here at lunch time , meeting a large group of friends.
The air temp was cold. The immediate service on standing by the bar was poor.
The salad bar was standard and not very inspired.
Had the ribs off the main menu and they were ok, but the corn on the cob was pathetic.
Apple crumble appeared to be stewed fruit with crumble sprinkled onto it, Quite tasty, but is that apple crumble?
There was a dish called banoffee pot, with banana custard, no idea if there was any banana.
Clever use of words though.
Plenty of room and service was ok, but would not go again.
Would I recommend? No, because it has nothing to say "must go again"
It provides very ordinary food at a more or less ordinary price, borderline between poor and average.

• Visited May 2014
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Tree House, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
May we take this opportunity to thank you for raising these issues with us. We always aim to learn through the feedback we receive, and we have replied to you personally about this matter.
Hampshire
“Horrific girls toilets...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The thing that lets this place down for me is the girls disgusting toilets. Its the only restaurant where if I know I am going there, I go before I leave the house! I have been going to this place for a few years and its never improved, what kind of Management would ignore this?! Awful.

1 Thank 789TravelBug2211
Thank you for your interesting and informative comments on Trip Advisor following your recent visit. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and have replied to you personally, as we are working hard at getting it right.
Rainham, United Kingdom
“You know what you are getting”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

As I was staying at the Travel Lodge next door I thought I would eat here. The good thing with a restaurant like a Harvester is that you know what you will be getting before you walk in - a clean and tidy place to eat, friendly waiting staff who can be a little too keen to find out if "everything is OK", a salad bar that typically needs stocking up and a range of food that is filling, calorie laden and probably lacks a little nutritional value. Add it all up and you get a reasonable meal at a fair price. It was fairly busy on a Wednesday night but service was good and I have no doubt that I'll return again to this particular outlet.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for your positive review following your recent visit. We are passionate about getting it right and your feedback will help us to achieve this aim. We really hope you will visit us again and we have sent you a personal reply.
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Back After Six Years”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The last time I visited this Harvester was almost six years ago, when I was working in Blackwater. This time, I was on my way to an evening out, in Basingstoke, and thought this would be the best place to grab an inexpensive meal. I managed to get in early enough, before 6PM,that it wasn't too busy and I was immediately seated. I went for one of their £9.99 deals, which includes a main course, unlimited salad bar, a refillable soft drink, and a dessert. I had the cheeseburger and it was very tasty. The waitress, Theresa, was great. When I ordered my dessert which was ice cream with a sauce, they were out of chocolate sauce. Seeing how disappointed I was, Theresa suggested chocolate sprinkles, instead. Great save! The salad bar seemed fresher than the last Harvester I went to. They also offer free wifi. Easy access from the M3 and free parking, what more could you want?

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.