“Wonderful meal (the duck dumplings were amazing) and friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Foresters Pub and Restuarant

The Foresters Pub and Restuarant
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal (the duck dumplings were amazing) and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We went to The Forresters for a special anniversary and the duck dumplings were without doubt the most beautiful light meal I have had for absolutely ages. I combined them with the potato style nachos (the same as traditional nachos but made with potato skins) for my main course. The dumplings were little fried balls bursting with duck and served with hoisin sauce and cooling cucumber with sour cream. Oh my goodness, I will be rushing back to have those. Having been rather disappointed on my last visit by a special that was more style than substance (very tasty but not much of it!) I decided to give this place another go. It didn't disappoint. The service was also first class from our lovely friendly waitress. I wish I had asked her name. But we visited on 18 March and she was the blonde lady, so take a bow you know who you are!

basingstoke
“Worst roast I have ever had.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We went for a family Sunday lunch, sat in the garden as it was a lovely afternoon, but walked into the pub to collect lunch and it looked lovely inside.
There was the standard menu and then a carvery offering two choices of roast meat and you helped yourself to potatoes and vegetables. Quantity of meat was generous but it was horrible. and very chewy and tough. I left most of mine. The potatoes were undercooked and the vegetables not pleasant. Didn't bother with a pudding as I didn't think the standards could suddenly improve. Not cheap for the quality either. Will not be returning.
Staff were friendly and service was fine though.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pebblecox
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best relaxed restaurant in Fleet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I love this restaurant.
Been to the restaurant many times now.
It has a great relaxed atmosphere and all staff members are very friendly and helpful.
Food is very good quality and has always been delicious.

The restaurant is perfect if you have a dog as there is a designated area for you and your pet inside. Also great in the summer as you can also sit outside with your dog and there are water bowls available for them.

Great for a casual lunch and also lovely if you like a candle lit dinner in the evening.

This restaurant will always be my top choice to visit

• Visited February 2014
Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and service, shame about portion sizes.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Food is really tasty but the portion sizes disappointing. Chips came in a tiny basket and the goats cheese wellington was the size I would give to a child.

“Wonderful Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

For the first time ever I visited the Foresters even though I only live 2 miles away. What a treat I have been missing all these years. We walked in and asked if any tables for lunch, we were informed they had a party of 27 in for lunch but could happily sit in the bar and they would serve our meal there. I looked for a beer to order and to my joy they have T.E.A and it is a well kept pint also. We sat down and the lunch menu was brought to us, the choice is a nice selection. I went for the spicy Mediterranean sausage and bean casserole.

It was very tasty and was loads there, the more I ate the more I enjoyed the dish. The atmosphere in the Foresters is very good and the staff though young were polite helpful and very prompt . The bill is about average for the area and I will be returning again in the near future.