“Pleasant surroundings”

The Station - Pizza Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #37 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Wheelchair Accessible
Fleet, England, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I popped in twice on the 24th March as my brother had come to visit for the day. He walked across from fleet railway station and I agreed to meet him for a quick drink at lunch time.

We were served promptly and spoke to a very friendly female member of staff. My Brother had mentioned that he had ordered a pint of Hogs Back TEA and said it tasted a bit odd but his second drink was fine.

We met up with My Daughter later that evening as I was running my Brother back to the train station and she met with us after work about 17.45. Again we had a drink and we ordered a meal for my daughter, she chose a chicken burger with chips my brother and I shared the nachos. the portion of nachos was big enough for two to share and the addition of chicken made a pleasant change.

It was very pleasant and I would be happy to go again.

• Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
Fleet, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely family & friends long lunch in the sun”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Taking advantage of the lovely weather we went for a family & friends lunch which started at 1PM and didn't finish until well after 4PM. The kids had plenty of room to play and be themselves, and the grown ups enjoyed a lovely lunch and drinks in the beautiful weather.

When the weather is not so great, the indoor facilities are also very roomy, allowing for kids to be a lot less restricted than other places.

This is a pizza place, but they are very creative with their ingredients. Also nice burgers if you are into that sort of thing. And the puddings are both decadent and delicious!

I love the fact that you can put it all in a tab and then claim 20% off the lot with their loyalty card!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Alfonso F
Blackburn, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I spent a couple of days in fleet for work and popped in for a quick bite to eat. The pizzas are the best I have ever had as I am a big pizza fan. These pizzas put the big pizza company's to shame. The pizzas are opened in view of the customers and topped. It took only 10mins for my freshly prepared pizza to arrive. John and all his staff are friendly and go the extra mile to make you time at the station as enjoyable as possible. I will be back when I am down this end of the country again. A big thank you to John and the team.

1 Thank Chris H
Camberley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent and welcoming service”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had the pleasure of popping in here today, just for a beer and a look around. The assistant manager, Jonny, welcomed me at the door in a most friendly and welcoming way. I bought a pint of their IPA and it was perfectly served, right temperature and utterly clear - so good I had another!
I talked with Jonny and Fran (one of the waiting staff) about their pub etc., and they made me feel valued and very welcome, despite me stating that I could not stop long; they explained the menus and general philosophy of this excellent pub group (the ORCHID group). As a result of this quality service I am definitely returning to eat and enjoy a lovely evening, and will of course recommend the pub.

• Visited February 2014
“Cheap and tasty”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 5 getting together to eat and chat. The deal on a Tuesday is two 12" pizzas for the price of one, so we had four pizzas to share, two side salads and two portions of seasoned potato wedges. Together with 5 mostly unalcoholic drinks, the bill was less than £7 per head. (One of our group also had their 20% off card). Pizzas were good. In fact it was all good. There were three staff serving or behind the bar, not enough for this busy Tuesday night. They were all upbeat and friendly. Not much to improve on, really. We enjoyed our evening here and I would recommend it for an easy and filling night out.