All reviewsbuyagift vouchergarden wingbuy a gift voucherfleet high streetcream tealovely hotelafternoon teaexecutive roomwedding partyhuge bedboth morningsgood sizetown centrepleasant staywedding receptionduty managersunday lunch
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is set in a quiet location but a short walk to town(if required). The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and rooms were all clean with all the amenities you could need including an iron. Breakfast was good with a good choice of good quality food. There is also ample free parking.

***Tonys Tip*** There is a little town called Farnham about 15 minutes away which is lovely for a day visit :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TonyG3735, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Horrell,

Thank you for your kind comments, which are always a welcome read for me. I am pleased to read that you you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

I am delighted the team and myself were able to make your stay so relaxing.

Glad that the tip to have a day in Farnham was a success.

Sould you be looking to visit us again please contact me directly on 01252 628555 or gm@lismoynehotel.com and I will be happy to make your reservation.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for a 2 night break to get away from everything. The hotel itself is very pleasant and has plenty of parking onsite. Our room was a really decent size with a huge bed! We had tea and coffee facilities which helped and there was also an iron and ironing board.

The breakfast was plentiful and should be enough to keep anyone going for hours. The staff were excellent and really helpful. So that's all the good stuff.

The not so good: the shower in the room couldn't maintain a consistent temperature which was a little annoying. The bar food was horribly overpriced for what it was: avoid the fried chicken and advocado burger. The chicken was the kind of reprocessed thing you could get from Aldi for less than a quid. The chips were absolutely fantastic - huge freshly made things and they were top drawer but they come in a basket containing about 15 chips so you'd better not be hungry. And the bargain price for this - just £14.50!

One final thing that needs sorting urgently: they advertise free Wi-Fi. The truth is, it's one free device per room which for most people, is pretty useless. This restriction just needs removing in this day and age and the hotel web site updating to remove this inaccuracy. This is not what people expect by "free WiFi".

That said, we did enjoy our time and the hotel and have rated out stay 4 out of 5 stars!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter,

Its great to see that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel.

Thank for your constructive feedback, I with the food and beverage team review our bar offering.

The Hotel is presently looking at the Wi-Fi service provided to enhance the capabilities due to the feedback that we have had from other guests also. When returning to the hotel you will hopefully see the changes we have made.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in this hotel while attending a local event nearby. Quiet location with mature gardens. Breakfast buffet with good choice. Nice staff and good service. Rooms are fine and with all the usual amenities. Only problem was a wedding function taking place in the hotel and who were noisy late into the night.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest

It always makes pleasant reading when we get such positive comments.
I will pass your comments onto the team and they will be pleased to see that there efforts in striving to achieve
excellence for all guests has been noted.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future,please contact myself on gm@lismoynehotel.com so that i can take care of your booking.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Lismoyne where my daughter and son-in-law got married. The staff were friendly and helpful right from the moment of our arrival. The wedding was very well organised and the venue beautiful. The food was delicious and it was a magical event. We stayed for two nights and would love to go back.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carole H
Tony G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Carole,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit to the hotel.
I am delighted to learn of your experience and that members of my team looked after you well. They will be pleased to learn that there efforts had been noted.

Its great to hear that Hotel made the day very special for your daughter and son-in-law.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future for many more family events.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel looks lovely on the outside, but lacking on the inside. The reception is what you’d expect for a country house style hotel, traditional wooden flooring, period features which is all very nice for the reception area however not so much for the rooms. Once checked in we embarked on what felt like the crystal maze to find our room, weaving through corridors that had outdated wallpaper and flooring and was littered with ‘antique’ items such as cabinets and table/chairs etc. Last thing you need when you’re trying to pull a case through a narrow space is to knock over a massive display cabinet holding old memorabilia. Our room was a twin, the mattresses were so hard and uncomfortable, I understand people have different preferences on mattress firmness but there is firm and there is hard. We were given one pillow each and no spares. The room was extremely outdated, full of heavy bulky oak furniture, single glazed windows, no air con although they did provide an oscilating fan. There were cobwebs in the corners of the room, hair in the plug hole in bathroom and also a yellow ring around the main light in the bedroom, which we assume was water damage from the room above. The walls were paper thin and we could here conversations from other rooms. Cannot comment on breakfast as we left at 7am the next morning and hot footed it back to the premier inn 5 mins down the road. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone unless they are of the older generation that would appreciate the style of decor.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am indeed sorry that you did not like the ambiance of the hotel. We are a traditional Country style hotel and very different to your modern Premiere Inn.

I apologise for the shortfalls in standards as this not the high standards that we strive for or hold ourselves to.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your feedback.