Lismoyne Hotel
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbuyagift vouchergarden winghigh streetafternoon teacream tealovely hotelexecutive roomwedding partyboth morningshuge bedgood sizetown centrevery pleasant staynight staybuffet stylesingle roomthe ground floor
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Our stay here was the last night of our 3 week holiday across the UK. The food was good and the service from the young barman was very good. We were lucky to have a ground floor room so we didnt have to drag our suitcases up stairs, the room was very bright and comfortable. The bed was the best bit, this was the only night that i slept all night in 3 weeks. We chose this hotel as it was quite easy for us to get to Heathrow the following morning.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2010

this is certainliny not a 4 sstar Hote. When I arrived the receptionist told me that I would have to pay for my stay. My confirmation of my office had gone lost. The hotel room was cold, ok, I turned the heating on and it took a few hours until it was bearable. When I came back from the office the next day to inquire for the confirmation that the charges were covered the reception was empty. 4 employees had gathered in the backoffice but not a single person was looking after the guests at reception. They only came until I called them. I enquired about the confirmation. The lady at reception meant they had not received anything. I rang the office and our secretary confirmed that she had called and send a mail AGAIN. Only then the lady at reception bothered to get up and ask one of her colleagues in the back office. They had found the confimation. At night a colleague of mine tried to phone me in my room but the reception told him that my phone was busy even though I was not on the phone. So he called me on my mobile several times. I complained at reception. Suddently they put the call through. The room is ok but tastless. The wardrobe does not have any doors nor drawers. There is no minibar, The hairdryer is in the desk with a 50cm cable. No mirror anywhere. You have to hold your hair over the draw to dry your hair...Breakfast is poor. tinned fruit, Croissants only after the restaurant has been open for over an hour....poor value for money.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank mikel501
Lismoyne_Hotel, Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2010

Dear mikel501,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We value all feedback both positive and negative. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not match your expectations. It is never our intention to make our guests not feel welcome. I apologise if our Front Office team gave this impression. We will utilise this instance to deliver excellent customer service training.
While we do not market ourselves as a 4 star hotel, we do like to think that as a good 3 star hotel we offer 5 star service.
We do hope that you will use our hotel again when in the area on business so that we may show why so many of our repeat guests return to sample the Lismoyne hospitality.

Reviewed 3 March 2010

On any of our infrequent visits to an hotel we want to come away feeling we've been looked after and not grudging the financial outlay. The Lismoyne is very good. Comfy, warm room; filling "set you up for the day"breakfast with extensive selection; a quality, delicious evening meal which in itself would justify a bit of a journey; lovely,friendly staff who make you feel "wanted". All this AND a 150 year old Oak Tree in the grounds--what more could we ask?!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2010

This was my fourth stay in the hotel. Every time the experience has been different. Last time I had a good room, expected the same this time round as well. I had messaged regarding early check in - there was no response and when I called up, they were not sure if they had any rooms free for an early check in. Anyway, when I landed they had a room and I was assigned my closet.

The room at some points were as narrow as 5 ft. The bed fit me exactly (I am 6 ft) and the shower was about 3' x 6'. The smell of fresh paint pervaded and no, they could not change the room. Net connection was spotty, front desk was indifferent and the breakfast as usual was good.

If you plan to stay there, hope you have better luck.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank VJ73
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I stay at the Lismoyne fairly regular with work. I must say it is very convenient, good value and home from home when ever I stay there. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food and drinks are excellent and most importantly it is clean and safe. Fleet main street is a 2 minute walk down the road with a broad range of facilities. I would recommend this for both business and pleasure stays. One improvement for me would be access to a gym, but you can't have it all.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Lismoyne_Hotel, Sales Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2010

Dear Churnski,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review on this site.

In relation to your last point, I am delighted to announce that the hotel has now entered into an agreement with Fitness First Health Club in the Hart Centre. This is less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel on Fleet High Street.

Guests of the Lismoyne Hotel can now enjoy a discount of up to 75% off of published rates at this gym on production of a valid ID.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lismoyne soon.