“Nice hotel”

Premier Inn Fleet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fleet
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The location near the station is nice but the best part of the place is that it is almost brand new. Opened in October 2013, the rooms are in great condition. If you want to walk to Fleet centre, it'll be a 10 min walk but the area is safe. The rooms are well equipped and I sleep well. Foodwise, there is nothing to celebrate here. I'm not a big fan of hotel food I'll just leave it there. Service in the restaurant is slow.
As the hotel stands today, I have no problem recommending it to anyone. It is good value for money and the "premier" breakfast isn't bad.

Room Tip: Odd building design means that during cold nights, 1st floor rooms above the car park get cold floor...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cragrat_DL

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We arrived to a very friendly welcome. New hotel so everything was of a very good standard. Could not fault it.
Breakfast also of a very high standard and generous.
Staff extremely pleasant and obliging. Would certainly return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were very satisfied with this new Premier Inn hotel and with the price that we paid to stay last weekend. Its location is superb, right next to the railway station, but sufficiently far enough not to be distrurbed by the noise of any train. The rooms are smart and equipped with the basics. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom spotlessly clean. Well-priced, good accommodation was needed in Fleet, and the Premier Inn satisfies that need.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We'd never stayed in a Premier Inn before so we didn't know what to expect, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel has only recently opened (it had been open a mere six weeks when we stayed there) so everything is brand new. Our room looked out on to a busy road, which could have been a cause for concern but there was only a very faint sound of traffic, thanks to the triple-glazed windows. So the traffic didn't bother us at all. And the room was soundproofed so there were no problems about being woken in the middle of the night by someone slamming their hotel door - all the doors are designed to close quietly - or being disturbed by loud conversations in the next room. What is more, the room temperature was just right. No wonder the hotel guarantees a good night's sleep.

There were a couple of minor problems with our booking, but the receptionist sorted them out in a trice, which was very impressive. We had had a very long day so ate in the hotel's restaurant. Again, we were pleasantly surprised, and the same with breakfast (which was a buffet).

The staff deserve a special mention because they were so good - efficient, professional, friendly, smiling, welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I'm not usually a fan of Premier Inn however this is a new build which has only recently opened and it is actually very nice. The decor has been changed from the usual PI's and it works well. Overall the rooms are very comfortable, clean and have everything you could want, including air conditioning.

The restaurant (named The Kitchen) was OK, the menu was limited yet the staff who actually worked in the kitchen the evening I stayed were very efficient. I sat close to the service hatch and watched them prepare the meals for over an hour or so...very good! What surprises me is that whilst Whitbread have invested a lot of money into putting a fully operational kitchen they don't then offer a slightly more adventurous menu - food for thought perhaps.

Breakfast was very good, although the staff need to focus on clearing and wiping tables - no-one wants to sit at a dirty table!

The only thing I would suggest needs a complete re-think is the check-in process. You are greeted by two touch screens. Unfortunately my room was booked by an agent so I didn't have the number to put in the machine - the chap behind the desk was slow and forgot to offer breakfast so we had to do two transactions, the receipt didn't properly and the queue of wet, tided guests was growing and growing...

Oh, and will a senior member of Premier Inn please try to check in to one of their own hotel with a suit carrier / shirt - if they do they'll notice, just like every one of their guests that there are no hooks to hang your belonging on in reception whilst checking in - come on Premier Inn - a few hooks in reception is not much to ask - lets have a group wide New Years resolution based on customer feedback - hooks in all receptions!!!

Room Tip: I assume they are all the same
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TJBrooke
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We've stayed in a few Premier Inn hotels around the UK, and this one is one of the best. It is brand new, only opened a month ago. I chose it because we live in Devon, and wanted to be near the train line up to London. The train station is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. It is not located in an industrial area/out of town shopping like many of the Premier Inns are. The room was lovely & clean & new (family room), usual standard. The restaurant was not busy, we had a lovely meal in the evening, very attentive staff & friendly, exceptional service, good value, lovely modern yet comfortable decor. Usual hot buffet breakfast & child eats free with paying adult.
Parking for free under & behind the building.
All in all excellent, and will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shebe43
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I’ve never stayed at a Premier Inn before as I’m a Marriott regular so I had low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. I’d booked my room long before the hotel was open for business so got my room on Halloween for £35. Upsides were as follows: - It’s a minute’s walk from Fleet railway station so very convenient; security was good as you can’t get beyond reception without an electronic room card; staff members that I encountered were very professional and eager to help; everything is brand new and sparkling clean; there’s a large car park which is free for guests but £7.50 for anyone else; my room had a big bed and a large chaise longue which was comfortable; you get free internet for 30 minutes which is handy; there is a kettle with tea bags and coffee sachets; they are generous on the pillows and towels; there are effective blackout curtains; there are lots of plug sockets and a great lighted mirror and hairdryer; there is hand wash and shower gel provided in dispensers; the room seems very soundproof; the air conditioning works well; you can get coffee or tea in the restaurant anytime without feeling you have to have a full meal. Downsides: - weirdly for a business-orientated hotel there is no phone in the room and I could only get a signal on my mobile (Vodaphone) if I left it on the windowsill; the air conditioning goes on and off all the time so if you can’t sleep through that you need to switch it off and remove your room card from the holder next to the door (which means the lights go out too) and then go find your way back to bed (leave the TV on to light your way as that doesn’t seem to be affected); there is no mini bar or ice bucket; the bed was absolutely rock hard which is no doubt good for your back but it was pretty uncomfortable until I got used to it; the bath has high sides and is very slippery so I’d say be very careful in there. The evening meals in the restaurant did look delicious, but I didn’t eat there so can’t comment on the quality. I didn’t have breakfast there either. All in all it’s really convenient for me when I’m visiting family but don’t want to sleep on their sofa, so I will be back regularly and for a 3 star hotel I thought it was very good indeed and so based on what I experienced I will give it a 5 rating.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the main road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleet
Lismoyne Hotel
#5 of 7 in Hook
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick

Been to Premier Inn Fleet Hotel? Share your experiences!