“Wow- what a change!”

Ranked #56 of 75 Restaurants in Fleet
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Went here for lunch on a friends recommendation. What a transformation! Gone were the sad dark tables, replaced by wicker sofas, cream furnishings, and chandeliers! Food area laid out like a food court with different counters for cake, tea, hot food, soups and sandwiches etc. I was like a child in a toy shop trying to choose, tea and cake was quickly replaced by beef brisket, chips, and 3 sides - a bargain at £8.95. Food order taken on an ipad while we chose drinks, and then we paid altogether at the end. Food was of a good quality, served on a chunky wooden platter, by really friendly smiley people and tasted fantastic - didn't eat anything else that day! Looking forward to a return visit as the homemade cakes looked fab, though everything did really. It is probably more expensive than before the refit, but the atmosphere is so much nicer- like a posh hotel or a premium London store food hall. I would def recommend, especially if you have an occasion to celebrate, cake and Prosecco - yum. Cant wait to go back!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have visited the new garden centre a few times recently and I must say the food I have had has not been something I would expect from a garden centre. I ordered the lamb shoulder and my wife had salmon, the presentation was fantastic, the portions were very good value for money. When we finished our meal I had to express my compliments to the chef, he then told me how to cook the lamb at home. The service needs a little attention and ordering via Ipad is a little confusing but in all I really enjoyed my meal. I

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The old garden centre cafe was absolutely dreadful with poor cakes and lacklustre service from half-hearted staff (a complaint to the garden centre manager was never replied to). But everyone deserves a second chance and I really hoped that we were in for a treat when this new place opened. It looks great, but it seems so badly organised and so massively overpriced for the target audience. And I know this may sound snobby, but can't they get someone who can spell to write the food boards? It creates such a bad impression. Tea's and Carvary. Ouch! Sorry Redfields, but despite the glitz and glamour of your new surroundings, you just aren't delivering for this customer.

4  Thank Annette W
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I grew up in Fleet and having not lived here for 20 years was impressed to see the newly developed Redfields. I took my mother here and was impressed with the service and decor (quite surprised that a garden centre cafe could look so posh). However, the prices and food was quite a shock. Restaurant prices (this is a cafe) and food that despite being presented in quite a pretty way (considering this is a tray based delhi service) was average at best. I'm a vegetarian and study nutrition. Usually the more you pay the better level of choice you get for vegetarians. 5 non veggie mains and 1 veggie (which appeared to be just cheese and veggies). No vegan meals at all. I felt like I was in the 1980s!

1  Thank DublinGuy75
Reviewed 13 February 2014

having read previous reviews i wondered if i was reviewing the same place? coming from scotland maybe my expectations were a bit lower! the system of ordering via tablet was very efficient and the lady taking the order was excellent.. we both had soup.. served on a wooden board with 2 types of rolls! being from scotland im very fussy about my soup.. it was superb, very thick and warming!! very nice comfy surroundings, i think its confusing maybe as its linked to a garden centre but the comfort/decor isnt expected! all in all.. great id definately go back!