“The Scott Mills Bridge Pilgrimage ”

Welcome Break Fleet
Ranked #7 of 18 Quick Bites in Fleet
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Description: Offering a wide range of food brands including, KFC, Burger King, Starbucks, Subway and harry Ramsdens offering famous fish & chips and also a full Breakfasts menu from 6am - 10am.For healthy eating we welcome our new brand Tossed offering freshly prepared salad and wraps, jacket potatoes and smoothies.
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

After taking the boss to Heathrow Airport I thought I would stop here, having heard the hype about the newly named Scott Mills bridge linking both sides of the M3. I was not disappointed!!!

Although quiet and unassuming, the bridge made me feel closer to the great man himself. Slightly disappointed that the blue plaque or at least a laminated piece of paper hadn't been put up yet paying homage to the Radio 1 DJ.

The only criticism that I have, or suggestion that I would make in my humble opinion is the addition of pictures of his greatest moment like the abseil for Children in Need, the Crab outfit or just an orange glow from a publicity shot would help bring followers from all walks of life, both national and international.

Being the first to review this bridge and its strong connection to the man, a certificate of attendance would have been a nice touch. However, having been this is enough to keep me going! What a time to be alive!!!

Date of visit: February 2016
21  Thank Robbie B
WelcomeBreak, Owner at Welcome Break Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Thank you for your review Robbie, It is clear you are a big fan of the man himself. The official plaque will be revealed at the "Grand Opening" in March. We can understand you feeling connected to Scott, his warmth and charisma oooozes from the bridge, when walking East to West or West to East, we think it is a highlight of the M3. Hope to see you again soon here at Welcome Break Fleet.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Called in here and floor by the counter was covered in plastic knives- whole place was a mess- food standard for a Burger King. It just had the feel that no one was in charge when I was there even though it wasnt busy.

Fleet Services itself nice and clean and staff helpful.

Date of visit: January 2016

Thank you for your review, sorry we failed to deliver a high standard on your visit to us. We have fed back your comments to the team at Fleet to action, Hopefully we will see you again next time you are on your travels and your experience will be a more positive one.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

Fleet Services have been here a long time and are always busy. You can cross between the north and south bound sites meaning you have access to the full range of food, shop and hotel outlets. Welcome Break don't seem to offer any service stop wide promotions or discounts but some of the individual outlets do. Generally clean with quick service.

Date of visit: December 2015

Thank you for your kind review Richard. It is great to hear you had a good visit to us here at Welcome Break Fleet. Hope we see you again soon next time you are on your travels.

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Called in this evening for a loo break - and to get something for supper.

About an hour later, I had a call from the Duty Manager. They had my wallet - including quite a lot of cash and a bunch of credit cards. Even offered to post it to me FOC.

As it happens, I'm driving by in a couple of days, so will collect it from lost property.

This if GOOD customer service and should be publicly acknowledged!

Date of visit: January 2016
WelcomeBreak, Owner at Welcome Break Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Thank you for your kind review. It is great to hear you had a good experience, and good to hear you where reunited with your wallet. Hope to see you again next time you are on the motorway. Have a great New Year.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

All I can say is £3.19 for a cheeseburger that's 99p in a normal Burger King!!!! No thanks, KFC, Starbucks, and McDonalds prices are much more reasonable