“Best restaurant in Fleet”
Review of El Castello

El Castello
Reserve with OpenTable
El Castello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Have used El Castello regularly over the years - even before it was a restaurant I had pictures framed in the shop that preceded it! Always lovely food, polite and helpful service. Great for family occasions. Tad pricey but hey ho!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am a very regular visitor to this restaurant, at least twice a month and I have never been let down. I think I've left a review before but I wanted to do again for my most recent visit as the service was exceptional.

One of our party ordered the special (salmon with orange juice) and unfortunately didnt like it. She had pushed it to one side and a waiter saw and asked if everything was okay. My friend explained it wasn't really to her tastes and then the lady (owner?) came over and offered her another dish from the menu. This was brought out in a few minutes with no fuss whatsoever.

We are never rushed, always receive great service and the food is delicious. It will remain as my 'happy place' for a long time I think!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Visited for the first time with 4 friends who we had not seen for sometime. The place is light,
there is a good space between the tables and the ambience is vibrant and relaxed. The biggest plus for me is that we were never rushed and we were allowed to chat to our friends, We dictated the pace. The menu was extensive and the food was good with all plates cleared. Service was friendly and helpful but not over bearing. Overall good value.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I attended with my friends for a bite to eat and I thought that I would try the local Italian. The main course was less than average. After a 30 minute wait for desert, my tiramisu just tasted like water and it was soggy (just like it's been out of the freezer and defrosted in the microwave). I made a complaint (to who I believe was the manager) she was rude and refused to remove the desert from the bill, she did offer us a free shot instead, I explained that this isn't good enough and that we are all driving. The waiter then appeared with some free shots, we then asked the water to take them away. If you're looking for a nice meal, then think again about atteneding this place,

4  Thank Matt V
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant a few times and it never fails to produce.

The food is fantastic and at very reasonable prices. It is a very relaxed restaurant that makes you feel like you have had a treat!
Would always recommend the garlic bread with cheese and lasagne!!

My favourite Italian