“Perfecto!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great Italian Meal at Alfresco Restaurant
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Perfecto!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've wanted to dine at Al Fresco for YEARS and tonight my husband and I had the opportunity to visit. From the moment we walked in the staff were friendly and accommodating. The complimentary dip and breadsticks were delicious and all the food that we ordered was made with true Italian passion. As the evening got later the atmosphere got better, and the restaurant got fuller...which is exactly how it should be on a Friday night. We couldn't have faulted the food or service in anyway, and we can't wait to go back again already!!!

My only negative is that the car park out the back is a little tight! But other than that, 10/10!

• Visited May 2014

Frimley, United Kingdom
“Delicious and worth the trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We eat at Al Fresco frequently and are always welcomed warmly. We all like the delicious tapenade with bread sticks. The service it friendly and professional. I have even asked if I can have my favourite meal to be cooked for me and it wasn't any bother.
Generous portions and fresh produce make this a meal worth travelling for.
The last time we are here it was just my husband and I when we enjoyed a bottle of scrummy "perfectly chilled" Italian wine with a very tasty meal.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Camberley
“A mixed bag...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

... Of very friendly staff, nice decor, value for money and wide selection of both food and drinks but disappointing food. Pizza are sadly not the genuinely Italian style of super thin and crispy base, but rather thick dough, pitted and pre-slice olives, straight out of a jar, and generally quite bland/cheap ingredients. The pizza felt heavy and unrefined.

The desert (trio of chocolate) was lovely, but not made on site; clearly an industrially produced, pre bought item. Also I find it worrying that the, delicious tapenade starter dip, is left uncovered on all the tables, which, from a hygiene perspective isn't great.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Alan M
alfrescofleet, Manager at Al Fresco, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Customer
I am very disappointed regarding your comments here at tripadvisor.
First I have to say our Pizza`s are almost best Pizza`s in Fleet if not in Hampshire.
Second unfortunately we can not find any olive tree here in the UK to be able to pick a fresh olive to serve with our Pizza but we don't buy them cheap either and you are the first person to complain.
Third as it says on our desert menu we have only two home made deserts which are Tiramisu and banofee pie but the rest of our deserts come from a very well known Company who supplies to all over the world and they are one of the best.
Forth we offer free tapenade and we serve them to each customer on their arrival but only if we are very busy we may put them on the table a few minutes earlier but I can assure you that they have not been left on the table for a few hours!!!
Fifth I personally do not believe in complains over the tripadvisor or any other internet places as this way will not help mine or any other persons business to improve but if you kindly come to us and told us face to face we would make sure that you would leave the restaurant satisfied.
I hope to see you in our restaurant soon and will look forward to see you walking out happy.

Kind regards
Ami
Guildford, United Kingdom
“one to keep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Visited that place Saturday evening, had a pleasant experience eating there even so it was very busy on our arrival and appreciated that it was not a rush service and get out as it is quite common in many reputable restaurants.
If I wanted to be picky what I would have like with the meal chosen, toasted bread served on the side with the gamberoni al diavola instead of slice bread, pizza Siciliana with no cheese but tomato sauce only, as for the side dish tomatoes onion salad basil leaves balsamic dressing syrup not served with grated carrot on a bed of lettuce and the pepper grinder which is typical Italian.
Will I be visited that place again ?. A definitely yes

London
“Italian Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

When a friend visited we decided to go Italian and chose Al Fresco, where I hadn't been for quite awhile. Although their phone number diverted to a mobile's voicemail three times, we took a chance on a free table and we were not disappointed. We were offered a choice of where to sit; a nice touch and once settled with drinks went straight for main courses. Service remained prompt from start to finish with a polite sentiment whoever served us. Although we each had different main dishes, all looked good, were presented well with generous portions throughout. The taste was similarly impressive and each of us were delighted with the flavours and quality of our food. We ventured onto the dessert menu, again deciding on different dishes. These were similarly yummy and rounded off an excellent meal for each of us.
If you go online there is a voucher 2-4-1 on main courses for most evenings outside Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year which is a nice bonus to be aware of.
Overall, we all thoroughly enjoyed our cuisine, the service, attentiveness and the overall ambience. We'll be sure to visit here again when the opportunity allows after a lovely meal and pleasant evening.
The only downside for me is the car park which is small, tight to manoeuvre in and not user friendly, being one of the more challenging I know at restaurants I've visited out of city centres.

• 4 of 5 bubbles