“Great food and value”

Dining options: Reservations
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Great food and value”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Have a had many meals here over the last few years - all excellent. Recently we had a mid day buffet for a surprise birthday event. This followed the same excellent experience - never disappoints!! Please don't change.

• Visited June 2014

Hampshire
“Last minute lunch”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Good portion sizes and relatively quick service. The menu has a good selection and there isnt too much on it which never sits well with me. The table we sat at was booked for a later time but we assured the staff we would be finished in time and they were fine with it. They even let us use some pint glasses across the road where we were gardening. Thank you. Food was hot, good sizes and we all (two adults and two children) cleared our plates except for the coleslaw. The decor is great and intriguing and the atmosphere was a little subdued. Other than that a very pleasant lunch was had by all.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Not great for kids”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Food is good no doubt, service was good but as a family place, it really is not. Of you have young members of family, they are likely to get bored. Ambience is for adults and the play area has nothing for kids to do. I suppose i am disappointed because i went there reading all the reviews and it's reputation for family friendly place, thinking it would be but it fell short in that area. I can't see why this was rated so high as a family place...

1 Thank echno
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Food's ok but dreary surroundings”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Seeing as how this pub rates itself very highly in the area my wife and I ate here late lunchtime on Bank Holiday Monday last and both ordered the belly of pork. I had mine with rice and my wife asked for chips.To drink I had a lager shandy and my wife had the house white.
Well, the food was pretty good although the chips were a bit ordinary (Redfields chips are amazing!). My wife enjoyed the wine and the shandy was, well, a shandy although I was asked what lager I favoured.
The staff did their job in a competent manner and you did have to order at the bar similar to other pubs in the area.
The thing that would prevent us from returning is that the decor and ambiance was the same as we remembered the last time we were there many years ago. It is typical dark barn decor which was fine 20-30 years ago but could do with updating with some light pastel colours. The dark wooden furniture was a bit dated as well. There were a few diners and it was the end of the lunch period but the pub is adjacent to a large and prosperous housing estate with no adjacent competition so should be able to draw people in .
Because it was quiet off-road parking was easy.

• Visited April 2014
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great British pub and the staff friendly like the guest ales :) the pub more suited for the older person in the younger person

• Visited April 2014