“Exceeds first impressions - great food and interior”
Review of The Tweseldown

The Tweseldown
Ranked #36 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've driven past this pub on many occasions and found the entrance no overly enticing so haven't visited. My Father suggested we visit and try something new. Walking into the entrance I was pleasantly surprised. I was welcomed by a warm traditional pub setting offering both a casual bar area and a restaurant. The menu was vast and varied and the staff welcoming. From what I could see the outside area also looked lovely (it was raining so I wasn't venturing outside!). My only feedback was that we visited on a quite evening and there is no background music and the staff were talking quite loudly with regular visitors which slightly ruined the ambiance. Otherwise a lovely visit!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Service and food were first class. Owners extremely friendly. I would recommend this pub very highly. Delicious!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Have a had many meals here over the last few years - all excellent. Recently we had a mid day buffet for a surprise birthday event. This followed the same excellent experience - never disappoints!! Please don't change.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Good portion sizes and relatively quick service. The menu has a good selection and there isnt too much on it which never sits well with me. The table we sat at was booked for a later time but we assured the staff we would be finished in time and they were fine with it. They even let us use some pint glasses across the road where we were gardening. Thank you. Food was hot, good sizes and we all (two adults and two children) cleared our plates except for the coleslaw. The decor is great and intriguing and the atmosphere was a little subdued. Other than that a very pleasant lunch was had by all.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Food is good no doubt, service was good but as a family place, it really is not. Of you have young members of family, they are likely to get bored. Ambience is for adults and the play area has nothing for kids to do. I suppose i am disappointed because i went there reading all the reviews and it's reputation for family friendly place, thinking it would be but it fell short in that area. I can't see why this was rated so high as a family place...

1  Thank echno