“Great place to stay !”
Review of The Elvetham

The Elvetham
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hartley Wintney
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed for our friend's wedding and we were very impressed by the place.
Nice historic location, everything went to plan.
I would recommend a stay here to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in room 222 on the top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Elvetham

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I went here for my cousins wedding a few years back, it was a wonderful experience. Great surface, polite staff couldn't ask for anything better. The rooms were clean and tidy absoultly wonderful! I would certainly stay here again. Best hotel I have been to by far!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Fabulous to look at, not great to stay in! Very cold, in the main hotel, meetings rooms, bar and restaurant. Freezing in bedroom, had to order an electric radiator to warm room through. Shower was very weak. Looks 5 star, certainly isn't !

Room Tip: Ask for radiator!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank peaches032
Reviewed 10 November 2011

If you are arriving at Elvetham at night, as I did, or during the day, you cannot fail to be impressed by first impressions - fantastic. Did this impression continue?? YES! My room was clean and very comfortable (beit a little small for me). The food during my stay was first class supported by friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2011

yes : an authentic, historic setting which has been respected when it became a hotel : job welll done !
Staff : extremely nice & helpful with always a personal touch : well done !
Rooms, etc. : sometimes a compromise with the historic settings but all you need is there : comfortable room, good bed, bathroom & WiFi.
Meeting rooms : just perfect !

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
PetershamGroup, Manager at The Elvetham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Thank you for your review. It is rare to find someone who appreciates the challenge of an old building with balancing the needs of a modern hotel business.

The kind words about my team of long serving and loyal staff are a pleasure to hear.

And even our conference and meeting rooms scored well.

Thank you. Hope you come back!

Reviewed 22 October 2011

I can not recommend the Elvetham enough. We got married on the 2nd September 2011 at the Elvetham Hotel and couldn't have asked for more from the staff or the venue.

In the lead up to our big day Carrie and Manoli were wonderful, answering all my questions, no matter how small. When we treated ourselves to a Valentines dinner in the February and the restaurant staff found out we were getting married there they came and spoke to us about out plans and the food etc, and made us feel very special and confident in the venue.

On the day itself they made sure everything ran so smoothly, I had given them a lot of small details and everything I had asked for was perfectly in place. Andrew, who looked after us throughout the day was so attentive and made sure everything was going well, we even had our only Butler follow us round during the drinks reception to ensure that we didn't have to go searching for drinks whilst mingling with our guests, an added bonus!

Our guests were bowled over by The Elvetham, especially the overseas guests! So many of our guests made a point of commenting on the hotel, its grounds, the lovely rooms, the staff and the food. I honestly couldn't have wished for anything better. My uncle organsied fireworks for us at the end of the night and the Elvetham did a fabulous job of keeping it a suprise, they didn't appear on any function sheet and nobody spoke a word about them!

On a practical note, the prices of the drinks at the bar are prefectly reasonable, so many of the venues we looked at charges nearly £7 for a glass of wine! No such prices at the The Elvetham, they were standard prices you'd find at any pub/restaurant.

I would thoughly recommend the Elvetham as a wedding venue, or just somewhere to go for a romantic weekend or even afternoon tea. I look forward to going there again in the future. Nobody expects everything to be perfect on their wedding day, you always anticipate minor things, but thanks to The Elvetham, I got everything I wished for and more.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Stayed here on business, my room was in the annex, the stables I think. Room was comfortable, clean and newly decorated. My view was the church and just wish I had time to walk around the grounds.Lovely setting for a wedding.
The food was good and the service faultless,will stay here again.
Located between Reading and Aldershot and close to M4 ideal for business and pleasure.As a lone female traveller I felt very safe there as everyone was let in through entry gates.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
The Kingsley at Eversley
Aviator Hotel
Aviator Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to The Elvetham? Share your experiences!