“Classiccc!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hartley Wintney
Edmonton, Canada
“Classiccc!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My sister had her wedding reception over here. Being my first visit to a English-sy mansion, I was totally excited about it ! The place was amazing with nice grounds ! It was pretty cold and windy since it was October but apart from that, everything was perfect ! The rooms were all unique with its own characteristics and the honeymoon suite ( we took a peek !) was fabulous ! If only I had more time to roam the grounds….

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Felina T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
West Sussex
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights recently for a wedding. It's undeniably a beautiful venue and the whole day was amazing. Food very good and bar prices not too horrendous. Room was in separate building across from main building and although more our room was more modern, it would appear you get more if you stay in the main building e.g bottled water. Had to shower in our friends' room as we had no hot water either days we were there, mentioned this at check out and received a discount. Other than this it was a beautiful place to stay and we enjoyed our visit.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's already been a week since we got married and had our wedding breakfast and reception at the Elvetham Hotel. 99% of our guests were coming from Ireland and France and they said that our wedding was out-of-this world. I would like to thank Kacey, Nick and Andrew from the hotel who organised everything smoothly. As bride and grooms we were treated as if we were prince and princess, we had our own waiter and everybody from the hotel looked after us.
The food was gorgeous, the chef listened carefully to our feedback and the all team made us and our guests feel as if we were at home. The venue is beautiful and the team who works is at the standard of the venue. I highly recommend the hotel for weddings ( although you want to keep it to yourself!) and some member of my family and us stayed over and they all loved it.
I did my own flowers and deco and Andrew and Nick arranged the room exactly how I wanted it to be arranged.
To be honest, the day went so fast that I would like to do it again and be able to absorb slowly every minute of it.
Marie( wedding 18 October 2013)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kristianstad, Sweden
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A beautiful estate and a splendid main building. Doesn't help a lot if you are placed in the dog bin right across. Not the same at all so make sure that you get a room in the main building. High class indeed but come on; £3.50 for a cup of coffee is a rip off either way!

• Stayed October 2013
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We attended a friends wedding and have to say, it was absolutely beautiful. The civil service was held in a lovely room with a pair of registrars who clearly had done a few at this venue. They knew the hotel well and made a more elaborate than usual ceremony. We then went through to the bar area, the ceilings and fireplace's along with the art work displayed around the hotel are historically interesting and beautiful. The bar service was friendly and efficient. The chairs, tables and comfy sofas are dotted about which enables you to be private or sociable - the views from the floor to ceiling windows onto the grounds are lovely during the day in the evening tasteful and subtle lighting around the grounds make it beautiful. The wedding breakfast was served in the conservatory, again, it was done efficiently and professionally - the food was good sized portions, well presented and nicely cooked. The master of service was very professional and ensured the whole day ran smoothly, the wedding cake was displayed in the stairwell which made the "confetti throwing" photo's with the cutting of the cake beautiful. The dancing was held in another lovely room and the evening hot buffet was served in the halls, the way the hotel is laid out makes it feel comfortable and not overcrowded - more lived in stately home rather than austere and standoffish - (The ladies toilets are very modern, well decorated and extremely clean.) We enjoyed our day immensely and will probably visit again for a meal when we can enjoy the grounds as when we visited the weather was torrential rain.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The magnificence of The Elvetham is the stunning red brick building and period details partnered with the wonderfully kept grounds. The location is good for the north ends of the M3/M4 and easily reachable from Heathrow and Southampton airports. I know the hotel is a very popular wedding venue and it would present the most spectacular backdrops for photos. There is even a church in the estate grounds. I stayed midweek for business meetings and found the front desk service very polite and efficient, although they could do with a doorman to assist those carrying luggage. The bed and breakfast rate I paid was good value at £95 so within the budget for most business travellers. Breakfast is a buffet with a hot and cold selection. It's ok but I would expect a cooked to order breakfast at similar higher end hotels. Toast and hot drinks are prepared to order. Service was a bit slow during my first breakfast but was much improved on morning two.

I enjoyed a nice evening meal which was very well prepared and they also offer some typical 'pub menu' staples in the bar area which looked good.

I had a small problem with my room key which was quickly and politely resolved by the front desk staff and they were similarly efficient on check out.

Only thing scoring The Elvetham down is the rooms. They are getting dated now and in need of refurbishment although mine was clean throughout. Also, I could have done with having the heating on as autumn had well and truly arrived but didn't manage to coax any heat from the radiators in my courtyard room.

Will stay again if hosting overseas visitors for the splendour and service alone; it's good value which I suspect is driven largely by the recognition of the outdated rooms.

• Stayed October 2013
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My partner and I stayed overnight for a wedding celebration. Everything ran like clockwork, great architecture, atmosphere, food and attention to detail. Our deluxe room was very large and traditionally furnished although the bathroom was a little outdated. (Wedding guests receive a discounted room price). Comfortable bed and quality bedding. The view from the conservatory at breakfast was stunning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
The Kingsley at Eversley
Aviator Hotel
Aviator Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to The Elvetham? Share your experiences!