“New Years Eve”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hartley Wintney
Fleet, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is one of the best New Years Eve parties ever. From the moment we arrived we felt very special. Everyone was served champagne and canape's from what seemed an endless supply. Some time after 8pm we joined a table made up of couples. It did not take long for everyone to enjoy each others company.The entertainment (billed as Frank Sinatra but far more versatile) was great and people were dancing before the main meal. Later the band made sure that everyone was included and the only criticism is that the dance floor was just not big enough for everyone and people were dancing around their tables. Final verdict at £120 a bit expensive but worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Len G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
England
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We went there recently for a intimate family birthday dinner (4 adults, 3 children). The location and building are amazing. However, the service, food and ambiance less so. We were barely acknowledged upon arrival, the dining room had no ambiance and two waiting staff who wouldn't have been out of place at the local fish and chip shop. They were friendly, but obviously not trained to a standard that you would expect. The drinks were comical (again, not out of place at a pub) and the food bland and uninspiring (would rather have had pub grub). They were obviously set up for conferences/large groups of people - but for a family meal this is a definite miss.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank kiasusee
basingstoke
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Not only is the hotel stunning, the food out of this world and the rooms lovely. The staff are excellent. Dealing with a lady called Hollie to organise an event for work was nothing but smooth and easy. She took care of everything. I can honestly say this is one of the best hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding here recently. It was a great venue with lovely grounds. Ideal location for a wedding and the interior was very good especially at Christmas with decorations. It was very inviting. All staff were superb and reception staff were very helpful. The wedding was faultless and the food, drink, service excellent considering the numbers involved. A great day!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This Hotel certainly had the WOW factor when driving in. All lit up so pretty! The main house itself was absolutely stunning from outside. The reception area is a bit of a let down. When checking in I asked for a quiet room and was told that my room was quiet. I was told I was on the 1st floor and directed down the corridor towards the main stairs where upon inspection I figured out there are no lifts. The actual place itself is so charming and has so much character. I got someone to help me upstairs with my bag (heavy case) and had many corridors up more stairs and then down some stairs until I got to my room. The corridor smelt very strongly of cigarette smoke and on entering my room which was so hot it smelt of cooking fat. I asked the concierge what was below me and he told me the kitchen! I wasn't impressed as had asked for a quiet room. It wasn't just noisy but also very smelly. The room was very small and pokey and I wasn't impressed with it at all! I was then told that there were no more double rooms available in the main house, only a single. I said that I wouldn't be happy with that so was told that the only other option was the stable building which was separate from the main house. Boy was I glad that I moved! Not only was the room very spacious but it looked brand new. The bed, quilt and pillows were a dream and my view from my window was just stunning. A little chapel and lots of open space and so quiet! I really don't think this room had been used as it looked brand spanking new! The concierge said that women don't usually like to stay separate from the house but I found it fine. In general I was impressed with the location and the building and the fact that this place is stooped in history but the rooms in the main house are very disappointing. I know that some of my colleagues stayed in the main house and said it was noisy and hot and the rooms are very tired. Having said that I would stay here again but would definitely ask to stay in the stable block. If you want a bit of history and a beautiful location then the Elvetham is definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the stable block/courtyard. The rooms are less tired and its a very quiet place to st...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank superskier87
Yateley
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just had a fantastic stay for a Xmas party. Room decor was done beautifully. Staff very attentive. Good food. Thank you to Amy for organising our event and to Grant for looking after us all night. The bedrooms were all amazing and spacious and pure luxury. Only down side was the heating as it was far too hot everywhere but otherwise I very much look forward to returning time and time again.

Room Tip: Superior double rooms are very good
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My sister had her wedding reception over here. Being my first visit to a English-sy mansion, I was totally excited about it ! The place was amazing with nice grounds ! It was pretty cold and windy since it was October but apart from that, everything was perfect ! The rooms were all unique with its own characteristics and the honeymoon suite ( we took a peek !) was fabulous ! If only I had more time to roam the grounds….

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Aviator Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,820 reviews
The Kingsley at Eversley

Been to The Elvetham? Share your experiences!