An amazing location for a wedding or special event, this former ancestral home did not disappoint. It is within 5 miles of the M3, so within easy reach of London. There are 35 acres of gardens and grounds which add tranquillity to the slightly imposing main building. I was attending as a wedding guest and had not booked a room prior to my arrival, but one became available and I accepted it because I wanted to see the location in morning sunlight rather than evening torrential rain. The staff were punctilious but not intrusive. My room did not have a pretty view, but it was spacious with a good bathroom and cost £85 for the night. It was reached through a labyrinth of stairs, doors and passages, I was concerned in case I wouldn't be able to find it again, but of course, I did. I was slightly surprised at the early check out time of 10.30. Also I would have liked a swim, but there was no pool as far as I could see, although to be fair, I didn't check. The food, including breakfast, was faultless. I should love to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elvetham is a privately owned country mansion, taking great pride in delivering outstanding customer service and attention to detail. We are located just outside Hartley Wintney, a quaint little village in Hampshire, surrounded by rolling countryside and beautiful views. Our fascinating history dates back many centuries yet our modern approach to our customers is fulfilled with dedication and professionalism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Elvetham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elvetham Hotel Hartley Wintney
- Elvetham Hartley Wintney
- Elvetham Hotel Hartley Wintney
- The Elvetham Hartley Wintney, Hampshire