“Lovely rendezvous:)”

Courtyard Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: International, British, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yateley, United Kingdom
“Lovely rendezvous:)”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Met friends there for coffee and cake - a very pretty little place - coffee and cake were delicious and staff helpful and polite. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited March 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing pricing”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Having been to 'The Courtyard' several times before, my husband and I were looking forward to our coffees and scones. That was until I received the bill! I was charged £11.30 for 2 cappuccinos and 2 plain scones with butter. Although the scones were tasty they were most certainly not worth it. We were offered jam and cream, which we did not want but did not realise that we were paying for.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Grace W
Hampshire UK
“Very disappointing Valentines evening”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I think the writing was on the wall Friday morning when I went into the CY café to double check our booking time of 8pm and saw the A4 sized diary page was full, I know restaurants need to make hay while the sun shines ie Mothers Day, Fathers day, Christmas and of course Valentines day but how many people can you try and cram into a small space at one time.
Our booking for the £35 ahead menu which included a glass of prosecco was at 8pm the latest time that they were taking bookings, we arrived at about 10 past 8 and were obviously the last table to arrive, the place was absolutely packed so much so that even the ultra slim waiting staff were having trouble serving between the tightly positioned tables, we were given our WARM half glass of prosecco, our original choice of starter scallops had sold out so we both opted for the deep fried wild mushroom risotto which when they finally arrived at 5 to 9 were so overcooked and tasteless and people around us were asking where their main course / deserts were going to arrive that we decided to call it an evening pay for our wine and go over the road and get some fish and chips, not quite the evening I had planned for my wife .
I cannot blame the young waiting staff who were all rushing around doing their best but sometimes had no idea as to what table they were supposed to be delivering food to, there seemed a total lack of leadership , I know that there were some quirky licensing issues which I was told had been resolved so why for their own benefit as well as the customers table times could not have been staggered better or accept less bookings rather than trying to squeeze everyone into a 7 to 8 window I do not know .

• Visited February 2014
Hook, United Kingdom
“What has happened?”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

this used to be a delightful place, but all the staff have been replaced with surly miserable ones...not made to feel at all welcome, its overpriced, we could clearly hear a staff disagreement going on in the other part of the restaurant with foul language being directed towards a staff member... never going back...seems I'm not the only one.
So sad because it was so lovely

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Tracey H
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting the Courtyard Cafe fairly regularly over the past few months. Unfailingly good whether it's just a coffee or lunch or cake. Service is prompt & courteous. This little gem is always busy so it's worth booking a table and buy two hours in the car park!

Visited December 2013