“Great place to meet friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Cafe

Courtyard Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: International, British, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Great place to meet friends”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've visited a few times now, and whilst in the past the service has not been as good as I would have liked, it was made much better by the waitress that was very attentive to our orders today (and i must say, a very attractive waitress).

All in all, good food and not badly priced. Great location.

• Visited May 2014

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Still suffering from shock of paying £15.90 for 2 Americanos, 2 pots of tea (just about a cup of tea in the pot) 2.20 each (no reduction for tea as in most places - tea is usually cheaper than coffee. £3.40 per person for 1 Scone, a portion of butter and a portion of Jam, no cream. We were only given the breakfast menu, that is a another expensive matter. We saw the scones on the counter and expected I scone and butter, my friend asked for jam but I didn't as I have diabetes issues, the scone would have been a bonus.

Nice surroundings, waiter not very welcoming, cold atmosphere. sadly we will not be returning.

• Visited May 2014
Hampshire, uk
“Lunch with Friends”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been to the Courtyard cafe before and booked a table for a lunch with three other friends. This time a new "garden room" had been opened and we were given the option to have our table in there. This new room is lovely and has views over the courtyard as well as the main restaurant part. The staff were very attentive and the menu varied. We had excellent quality food and enjoyed our visit very much. This was the first visit for my three friends and I believe they would return based on this visit's experience.

• Visited March 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“Worth the walk to Hartley Wintney - as always”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Walked 2 miles and had refreshments at this cafe. My carrot and coriander soup was gorgeous and my daughter loved her pulled pork. Her boyfriend loved his meal too - though we did covet a burger someone else had ........ Next time :). I am hopeful I will finally get to dine there one evening soon........hint hint to husband.

Visited April 2014
Hampshire
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice before for lunch, great. However has been a while. Had afternoon tea. Not allowed Earl Grey instead of breakfast tea. Was told this is a management decision. Sandwiches nice. 8 slices of cake all the same ' ish. Looked unappetising. Tea luke warm. Scones rock hard. Staff not particularly helpful. Coffee grinder dominating conversation. Doubt I will go back. Shame, used to be lovely.

• Visited April 2014