“Decent indian ”
Review of The Viceroy

The Viceroy
Price range: US$30 - US$51
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I was working away last night and coming from Birmingham have experienced some pretty good indian cuisine.

The food was hot and quite tasty and served quickly.

I would definitely recommend it although Birmingham is the real place to get a proper curry!

There are newer reviews for The Viceroy

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I've been here a lot of times in the past 15 years or so and the food has been consistently excellent. Really fresh, tasty, quality food throughout the menu. We've had to endure some moody moments when they're very busy but in fairness they still deliver piping hot quality food when they're being hammered. If you're precious about service then get here early before everyone else, esp weekends. Overall a top quality curry house. Tikka Balti here is outrageous.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I went with a mate after a beer across the road which was also a good oldy worldy place and was really pleased. After reading the reviews I was expecting surly staff but not at all.
Nice guys and good food. Pickles were really good.

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Having read few recent reviews which in my opinion are a little way of the mark.
We go out to indian restaurants around this local area a lot, we have been going to the viceroy as couples for well over 10 years and the food is fresh and very tasty, as for the service, we found the young chaps to be happy and efficient in their work, I might be biased on this but i on the other hand don't think I will ever get a 5 star service in any indian restaurants that we go too. You get hiccups with any professions now and again, but this does not bother me as long as the food is to a high standard, their food is top notch.
Only can say try it for yourselves.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The food was very good with lots of choice. The Staff acted as though they did not want us there. They pushed us to order and did not leave us in peace until we did. They made no attempt what so ever to have any general chit chat, nor smile or behave in a welcoming manner at all. I would not go back as was made to feel very unwelcome.

1  Thank SteveandAnna