“Stale poppadoms”
Review of The Viceroy

The Viceroy
Price range: US$30 - US$51
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Tryed this place for a takeaway once, the poppadoms where stale,seemed like they had been made days before,also the chicken I find to be hard. I would say they use frozen chicken not fresh. I would not go back to this place. I have had better value for money else where,and at a lot less price.

1  Thank Julie F

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The last time we visited was in 2011 so I was keen to drop by again and see how things were going; in addition I am still introducing my daughter Taylor to all the North Hampshire Curry Houses!
The service here will never win any awards but you can expect a very good meal. Matt went for a Chicken Morissa, Taylor the Korai Paneer and I had my usual Prawn Vindaloo; all of these were really tasty and perfectly prepared. The accompaniments and Nan were of a good standard too and at less than £20 a head for the evening the value for money was excellent.
Do I seem underwhelmed? Slightly, because of the unenthusiastic manner of service but I would really recommend that everyone gives this place a go for a superb curry anyway. 7.75/10

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I was working away last night and coming from Birmingham have experienced some pretty good indian cuisine.

The food was hot and quite tasty and served quickly.

I would definitely recommend it although Birmingham is the real place to get a proper curry!

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I've been here a lot of times in the past 15 years or so and the food has been consistently excellent. Really fresh, tasty, quality food throughout the menu. We've had to endure some moody moments when they're very busy but in fairness they still deliver piping hot quality food when they're being hammered. If you're precious about service then get here early before everyone else, esp weekends. Overall a top quality curry house. Tikka Balti here is outrageous.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I went with a mate after a beer across the road which was also a good oldy worldy place and was really pleased. After reading the reviews I was expecting surly staff but not at all.
Nice guys and good food. Pickles were really good.