“Lovely service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Lovely service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Very good food, although there was a slight mix up with the order. An excellent bottle of wine at a very reasonable price. Nice atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Margot1967

Vienna, Austria
“Not that impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

The restaurant itself was quite nice - typical old timber frame with low ceiling beams, but also the unneccessary addition of false timbers on the walls (trying to look like it'd be wattle&daub, but just tacky really) The staff are friendly enough, but won't leave your table until you've ordered rice of some sort!
The food itself was a bit of a let-down. The spicy seafood soup as a sharing starter was really nice! Lots of flavour, if bit sweet for my liking, and plenty of seafood, mushrooms. As I love veg I stupidly went for the prawna and bamboo which, as it turns out, is not actually full of veg, as stated, and doesn't really taste of much either. The extra veg I ordered came with th price tag of a main, but had a bit more flavour than my actual dinner. The golden duck curry was a little bland too - no lack of curry seasoning, but it just reminded me of readymade curry sauce served at certain fastfood outlets.
If I ever went back, I'd order something else or stick to the soup. Since I'm not from the area though, I probably won't bother.
Heads up for payment - they only take cash or cheques!

• Visited July 2012
Havant, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not up to scratch!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I was very disappointed with the food I've just eaten here. Salt and Pepper squid without garlic?! Special fried rice with dried out chicken, some hot, some cold, and virtually no flavour. Lovely girls working in there, but food just not up to scratch!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 35Emily
“Wonderful Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Excellent Thai food, very friendly and personable service - we ate here last night and had a lovely evening. The food is obviously freshly prepared and they were very happy to adjust the spiciness to my taste. Amazing king prawns and veggie green curry. Its such a shame that this restaurant is not busier as it certainly deserves to be! We also discovered they do takeaway so I am sure we will make the most of that (you have to go in and order and pick up but thats no problem for us). My only small criticism would be that the restaurant was rather chilly, a little more heating would not go amiss!

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Bethh76
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Real authentic flavours of Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

The best Thai restaurant I have visited outside of Thailand.
Highly recommend this restuarant for authentic Thai food, try to choose more traditional Thai dishes than standard Asian fare, my husband had the satay which was OK, whereas all the other dishes we had were amazing. My soup was wonderful, as was the beef and chicken dishes that we chose for our mains.
Friendly and helpful staff. Recommended to my sister who visited two weeks later and they thoroughly enjoyed their meal too.
TOP TIP - They do NOT accept credit cards, take along cash with you. Although there is a bank a couple of doors down if you forget.

• Visited January 2012