“Food was average” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bear Hotel

The Bear Hotel
Ranked #44 of 81 Restaurants in Havant
Cuisines: British, Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It is a restaurant which is part of The Bear Hotel and it is open to non - residents as well.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Food was average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

At the time I stayed food was average, service was terrible and I would not stay there again, however I have been told matters are in hand to rectify my complaints

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mackenziefiddler

Waterlooville
“\gone downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

met my friend in there, its a bit dismall, and needs some TLC. it was ok. but not great . service was slow, and coffee not boiling hot. just ok.

Visited March 2012
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Terrible food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

'Award winning' haddock and chips?, don't make me laugh. The food was barely edible and I wasn't the only person in the restaurant who thought so. Having eaten at dinner I could only face ceral for breakfast and have received a written apology from Greene King regarding the whole hotel, not just the food.

Visited June 2012
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I have summed it up in one word, in major need of a refurb. Toilet doors (ladies) looked like they have been kicked in. One of the toilet slants so when you sit on it you almost fall off. We have only used the bar, would not stay in the hotel based on what we have seen already.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Tani P
Surrey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grim”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2009

I had the misfortune to eat at The Bear recently for a family Christmas dinner. On a Saturday lunchtime we were surprised to find we were the only party in the restaurant, but we soon found out why. The food was truly terrible. A goat's cheese tart starter consisted of orange cheese, burnt pastry and a salad drowned in balsamic vinegar. The roast potatoes served with the main course were like charcoal, and the side vegetables were cold and mushy. Puddings consisted of a selection of cold desserts out of the freezer. And it was all served by a couple of bad-tempered staff who looked like they would rather be somewhere else. At least I could sympathisize with them on that score, because I wished I'd gone somewhere else too.

• 1 of 5 bubbles