“Dinner whilst staying at the Bear”
Review of The Bear Hotel

The Bear Hotel
Ranked #44 of 84 Restaurants in Havant
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Description: It is a restaurant which is part of The Bear Hotel and it is open to non - residents as well.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Average food but we all needed to eat and it was adequate. Big minus point was that even though we were staying at the hotel we could not have any more drinks with the meal we had been enjoying after 11.00pm.

1  Thank Frostipops

Reviewed 23 October 2013

good food and nice service, slightly expensive but very good homely food . The eating area could do with a make over but its sort of Oldy English type place,
the breckfasts are quite good too and again servive was nice

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Following a local newspaper ad, went for lunch with friends. I booked in advance, and when we entered the pub from the car-park, we were directed to the main bar. When we walked in, the (only) member of staff, the barman, said 'Nobody told me, sit anywhere' in a very disinterested way. The pub/dining area was empty.
No question of his coming to the table, so I ordered at the bar - and he eventually delivered the food - very poor quality, dry and overcooked.
The main menu appeared interesting, with a wide choice of dishes - but this experience of poor quality food, overdone, and truly dire service, would never encourage me to return. It is cheap, but certainly not cheerful!

1  Thank greenbag
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Quite a varied menu for a pub styled dining room with a 2 for £9.95 mains option, sevice however was somewhat slow and this was due to a lack of serving staff even with the reception staff helpng out, wouldn't want to wait a busy night.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

General feeling was a dirty, neglected hotel with kitchens to match. Never again. I only ordered a main course as the restaurant killed my appetite. The steak was OK but everything else was appalling. I was not at ease eating anything in that establishment.

2  Thank bobandpat68