“Good wholesome food”

The Wheelwrights Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wheelwrights Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 83 Restaurants in Havant
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wheelwright's Arms offers fabulous food and superb real ales, including those from our own Upham Brewery. We are very dog friendly and love to welcome walkers in that have been out exploring the local countryside and coastline. Our pub is conveniently situated on Emsworth Road in Havant, Hampshire and has a large free car park for our guests. We are easily accessible from the main A27 south coast road linking Southampton, Portsmouth and Chichester and just a short drive from the M27 and A3(M). We are just a short walk from The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre, venue for many great music, theatre and comedy events. Goodwood Race Course is just a 20 minute drive away.
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Good wholesome food”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Popped into the place due to passing by & hungry. Looked bit quiet - but was amazed by how friendly & helpful the staff were to me. Ordered the home made chicken, leek & bacon pie, herby potatoes & veg (they even sorted out veg I liked - I fussy). Meal came out piping hot, well presented. I like 'wet' dinner and asked if I could have gravy, shortly after a gravy boat of chicken gravy was served. Pie was best I have had! Veg fresh not frozen - lovely. Sat for a while & decided to squeeze a pud in - went for homemade cheesecake - chocolate & orange with ice-cream. God that was good too - lovely choc ice-cream with choc pieces in. Didn't need food in the evening due to my lovely lunch!
Well done to the cook! Good wholesome food - will visit again. Did not feel uncomfortable going in on my own due to how friendly the staff were to me.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Ruth H

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great Christmas menu”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Went here yesterday with my nan in a party of 25. The food was fresh and piping hot. Delicious. As it was such good value I will be returning. Friendly landlord and very welcoming.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank emma c
Havant, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We have had four Sunday lunches at this pub and will go again this week, there is a choice of 3 roasts and a vegetarian meal, all superbly prepared,everything is freshly cooked, then there is the deserts, a very varied choice, e.g apple crumble, rice pudding, chocolate fudge cake ,etc: and a different cheese cake each week Which is to die for ! ! all of which is homemade. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

• Visited November 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We've just got back from Mothers Day lunch with 6 adults & 2 children. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone had roasts but rest of menu looked very tempting. Food plentiful, good quality & piping hot. Charming, attentive service, pleasant atmosphere & a very reasonable bill. Best of all, our dear old dog could join us as they are welcome. Have lived a few hundred yards from this pub nearly 40 years & never patronised it, but that's going to change!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank mrshayes0209
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant lunch”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I'd past by The Wheelwright Arms a few times en route from Havant to Emsworth, but last Sunday I took the opportunity to call in there for a nice glass of wine and a snack. The wine was a very acceptable Merlot and the snack was breaded mushrooms with a tartar sauce and a side of rocket. Nothing fantastic about the mushrooms but they were OK. The menu looks worth trying another time, especially if I really want a traditional roast beef/lamb/pork. The service was good and very friendly, and even though the bar was far from full, the atmosphere was still very pleasant.

• Visited February 2013