“bad Service”

Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With our focus on our menu The Heron offers an extensive one served in an open plan environment. There is a warm welcoming colour scheme and new booth seating areas - the outside also has a new patio and garden area. Situated on Petersfield Road in Havant, we are just outside town and ideally located for anyone wanting to stop off for a relaxed meal after a hard day at work or shopping. We are just a 5 minute drive from Rowlands Castle, which offers a great family day out. We attract a good mix of drinker and family diners and are not only popular with local regulars but also passers-by. We have two decorative open fires and comfy leather sofas. Here you can enjoy quality food with a quality pint at everyday low prices. Alongside fantastic daily deals, we know you'll be back time and time again without breaking the bank! Great food, great atmosphere and great value!
Gosport, England, United Kingdom
“bad Service”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I previously wrote a very good review of this pub but unfortunately , I was not at all happy with my latest visit. We were served our main course promptly but waited for our table to be cleared . this never happened. We went to the bar to order desserts and were told that other people had come in after us and they had to be served first ! The wait for desserts would therefore be half an hour or more. So we just left as we felt this was unacceptable. The whole place seems to be short staffed and poorly managed

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Suzy H

havant
“local yobs spoil it”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I orginally gave this restaurant-pub a great review. I now have to give it a terrible one. 3 weeks ago, I was chatting to someone at the bar, and laid my Sunday paper on the bar. A local spilt his drink on the floor, grabbed my paper and used it to mop up his mess. Last week on Mothering Sunday, the manageress explained all the tables on one side of the bar were reserved, but that I could sit at a table under the tv screen. when I came back from ordering my drink, I noticed lots of pages from both my papers had gone. There were some local lads behind me. Later when I came back from the toilet, I saw a chap who I don't even know pouring half of his pint glass contents on my chair. When I remonstrated, the manageress came and told us to leave it. As I was leaving, I asked her if I could talk to her about this. I also felt that bar staff who must have seen what was going on should have informed her, so she could have a stop to this bullying . She told me to come back the next day, which I did. She informed me on the Monday I was no longer welcome, as she felt trouble followed me around. So you can't come in this resto-pub with Sunday papers for a quiet read without being baited by people you don't know, and then if you have the temerity to complain you are told not to come back. Figure this out for yourselves. I certainly don't recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
11 Thank 157AlanC
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“not again.”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I came into your pub at lunch time with my young children. It seemed a very family orientated pub, the service from the bar was very efficient and he was very polite. The food came out within 15 minutes and was of a very good standard, our steaks were cooked to perfection . however on a down side when returning to order dessert the foul language coming from a male member of staff from the kitchen was disgusting and also a lady who i presume was the manager because she was in normal clothes seemed to look up her nose at everybody and did not make us feel welcome at all. After this visit i will not return to this pub while she is still here she made me feel uncomfortable and her attitude was appalling for a woman of her status.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Sophie B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“solo visit”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

hi
visited the pub on friday 28/02/2014, found the management and staff very friendly, ordered my drink and a meal to follow, which arrived promptly nice and hot and well presented, all in all well worth the visit, will definitely do the same again.

• Visited February 2014
Drayton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Appaling!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Absolutely appalling service! I came to The Heron as I was passing so it was not a pub I had chosen beforehand. It looked ok from the outside. As soon as me and my friends walked in we got dirty looks from a member of staff! who was just pacing around We ordered some drinks. We then went to sit down. As we were sat down reading through the menu, a member of staff was walking around looking lost. She kept looking over at our table as if we were aliens. I went up to the bar to order After giving her my order she read back through my order and then informed me that we would have at least an hours wait for our food! This is not professional. Had I known beforehand I would not have proceeded with our order. I told her to cancel the order as we did not have time to wait. I went back to the table with my friends to finish our drinks.
As me and my friends, including young children, were seated and finishing our drinks, there was a constant array of foul language coming from the kitchen. This was disgraceful and not something you'd expect from a family friendly restaurant! We could not tolerate this behaviour any longer so we walked out. I would not recommend this pub/restaurant to anybody! The staff member who seemed to just be pacing around was so rude and it made us feel uncomfortable. It was unprofessional from the minute we walked in until the minute we walked out!

• Visited February 2014