“Good value, quality and service”

The Heron Hungry Horse
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Havant
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Heron is part of the Hungry Horse pub brand, with an outstanding reputation for great value food and drink, a warm welcome, and regular entertainment. So whether you want to watch sports, have a meal, or enjoy a pint with mates, you'll always be welcome - so pop down and tuck in! Whatever you're hungry for, come hungry
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have been several times now and have never been let down. Each day has its own special offer. There is an entertainment area for the kids inside and play area outside. The Burritos are superb, and I recommend the bombay banquet, which is very good value and will satisfy all curry fans. They have so much to offer all tastes and diets that you will not be disappointed. See you there soon ☺

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visited the Heron on the spur of the moment while out with my friend. We both had a lovely meal. Staff very pleasant. The only gripe was the cutlery - my friend and I done catering and always fussy with cutlery - so we got some napkins and buffed them - dishwashers leave them looking grubby. Also pail that they come in with sauces sticky but bet kids had dined there by the finger prints. I would still go there again.

1  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I previously wrote a very good review of this pub but unfortunately , I was not at all happy with my latest visit. We were served our main course promptly but waited for our table to be cleared . this never happened. We went to the bar to order desserts and were told that other people had come in after us and they had to be served first ! The wait for desserts would therefore be half an hour or more. So we just left as we felt this was unacceptable. The whole place seems to be short staffed and poorly managed

2  Thank Suzy H
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I orginally gave this restaurant-pub a great review. I now have to give it a terrible one. 3 weeks ago, I was chatting to someone at the bar, and laid my Sunday paper on the bar. A local spilt his drink on the floor, grabbed my paper and used it to mop up his mess. Last week on Mothering Sunday, the manageress explained all the tables on one side of the bar were reserved, but that I could sit at a table under the tv screen. when I came back from ordering my drink, I noticed lots of pages from both my papers had gone. There were some local lads behind me. Later when I came back from the toilet, I saw a chap who I don't even know pouring half of his pint glass contents on my chair. When I remonstrated, the manageress came and told us to leave it. As I was leaving, I asked her if I could talk to her about this. I also felt that bar staff who must have seen what was going on should have informed her, so she could have a stop to this bullying . She told me to come back the next day, which I did. She informed me on the Monday I was no longer welcome, as she felt trouble followed me around. So you can't come in this resto-pub with Sunday papers for a quiet read without being baited by people you don't know, and then if you have the temerity to complain you are told not to come back. Figure this out for yourselves. I certainly don't recommend it.

11  Thank 157AlanC
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I came into your pub at lunch time with my young children. It seemed a very family orientated pub, the service from the bar was very efficient and he was very polite. The food came out within 15 minutes and was of a very good standard, our steaks were cooked to perfection . however on a down side when returning to order dessert the foul language coming from a male member of staff from the kitchen was disgusting and also a lady who i presume was the manager because she was in normal clothes seemed to look up her nose at everybody and did not make us feel welcome at all. After this visit i will not return to this pub while she is still here she made me feel uncomfortable and her attitude was appalling for a woman of her status.

4  Thank Sophie B