“Quick late lunch”

Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Heron is part of the Hungry Horse pub brand, with an outstanding reputation for great value food and drink, a warm welcome, and regular entertainment. So whether you want to watch sports, have a meal, or enjoy a pint with mates, you'll always be welcome - so pop down and tuck in! Whatever you're hungry for, come hungry
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Not very busy today but looked as though they were expecting a large party from the table layout & reserved signs.
Ordered Cod & chips, One full Monty and two drinks all for under £20 .
We were in and out within half an hour.
Food was good & hot . Plenty on the plate.
Service was quick but I can't help but think that some of the staff need a course in customer relations. They ask the questions but aren't really interested in the answers. A smile might help.
The visit served it's purpose ( no cooking for me )

Reviewed 30 July 2014

lovely place really good food, at a really good price. would recomend it to anyone in the local area looking for food or drink!!! good vegie and meat, fish options all at very reasonable prices. well done to all the hard working staff.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have been several times now and have never been let down. Each day has its own special offer. There is an entertainment area for the kids inside and play area outside. The Burritos are superb, and I recommend the bombay banquet, which is very good value and will satisfy all curry fans. They have so much to offer all tastes and diets that you will not be disappointed. See you there soon ☺

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visited the Heron on the spur of the moment while out with my friend. We both had a lovely meal. Staff very pleasant. The only gripe was the cutlery - my friend and I done catering and always fussy with cutlery - so we got some napkins and buffed them - dishwashers leave them looking grubby. Also pail that they come in with sauces sticky but bet kids had dined there by the finger prints. I would still go there again.

1  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I previously wrote a very good review of this pub but unfortunately , I was not at all happy with my latest visit. We were served our main course promptly but waited for our table to be cleared . this never happened. We went to the bar to order desserts and were told that other people had come in after us and they had to be served first ! The wait for desserts would therefore be half an hour or more. So we just left as we felt this was unacceptable. The whole place seems to be short staffed and poorly managed

2  Thank Suzy H