“Lovely setting and good food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chef Sam at 33

Chef Sam at 33
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Havant
Price range: US$2 - US$19
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Chef Sam at 33 is based in denvilles house, a grade 2 listed building set in 2 acres of beautiful grounds. Including services for the main restaurant, function rooms and a recently refurbished members bar. Chef sam and his team are trained to the highest of standard. He has been in the industry over 15 years where he has won 'pub chef of the year 2008' and worked in buckingham palace and windsor castle.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I had lunch, could not fault the service and the food was very good. Him indoors had the ribs, tender and plenty of them. My ham, egg and chips was huge and well received. And such a lovely setting. We will be returning

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Karen R

Portsmouth
“Interesting venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our first time visit on a Saturday evening. Arrived at 18.45 and we were the only ones. By the time we left at 20.30 another table had filled with five others. However the bar was full and they provide food to the bar, which explains how they survive and why the service was relaxed. Rumours that it is not open to the public are incorrect.

Now some comments. First - the room is delightful - say ten tables, cloth table clothes and napkins, tables nicely set.

Food OK - if you review the menu on their website you will see it is not pretentious - more like pub grub. No complaints - all hot and edible. One comment - I had the beef pie, which was fine, but I hate the practice of of putting a beef stew in a dish and then adding a big cooked puff pastry wedge on top - however that is what the menu describes. But I also hate the complete little pies which are usually all pastry, no meat and I guess in a small volume place like this you just cannot cook a big pie and serve a slice of it - so I'm hard to please.

Prices very reasonable.

So if you are happy with the pub grub menu but would like a very nice restaurant setting - this is the place for you.

We have a friend who is dairy allergic and gluten intolerant - we asked if they could adapt the menu and they said they could - brief them at time of booking.

PS to Sam - change the CD more often - by the time we left the C&W singer had three holes in his bucket.

2 Thank Flying_R
chefsam33, Owner at Chef Sam at 33, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your review.

Just to let you know we have recently changed the music, as well as revised and redesigned the menu.

It would be a pleasure to see you again!

Chef Sam and the team
Portsmouth
“Fantastic! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely location. Lovely decor. The staff are extremely friendly and very attentive. The food? Absolutely amazing - to die for! Will definitely be returning!

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I dine at chef sam @33 on a regular basis for the past 3 years and have never had a bad meal, the staff are very friendly and it has a very warming atmosphere, I enjoy coming here and have also had the pleasure of chef sam and his team cooking for my family and myself in the comfort of our own home which is a great experience! I would highly recommend chef sam and his team to anyone!

Havant
“Fantastic food fantastic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went to chef Sam 33 on Saturday 5th July it was fantastic. There was a great choice on the menu. The a la carte menu was particular hit with myself and husband. They even catered to my gluten free requests. We couldn't fault anything. Service was 10/10!