Red Chilli - Authentic Bangladeshi Cuisine
Ranked #18 of 82 Restaurants in Havant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Havant, United Kingdom
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Have had frequent takeaways from here and always been good. So decided to visit the restaurant. What a lovely experience, the food was delicious, hot, and served promptly and in such a lovely clean modern atmosphere. Can't fault any part of the meal, the staff were great and couldn't do enough for us. The quality of the food was great and we had a super meal, at a very reasonable price. £42 for 2 people including wines and beer. The only slight quibble I would have is that I felt a little rushed, but that was forgiven when we got complimentary Baileys!

Visited April 2014

“Best Indian we've been to ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely decor and amazingly friendly staff. I'm quite fussy about Indian food and I have to say this was fantastic! My wife and 6 year old daughter loved it too. Shame we are only visiting Havant otherwise I'd be there every week.

1 Thank GaryF-71
“Lovely decor, nice staff but ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Now, compared to its less flashy near by neighbours, this is a really nice place to look upon. It's basically the Indian in Havant to where you'd take a date or a friend who is not a curry head. It's all good, but the fancy shaved carrots do not make the dish taste better. I find the meat a little on the dry side, and the sides not quite there.

HOWEVER - their tandori dishes are really good - so if your after a feast of meat on a skewer, you could do a lot worse.

Food 3. Decor 4.5. Staff 4. So a high 3.

1 Thank Keith D
Havant
“Great Food - BUT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I cannot complain about the food here, it is excellent. BUT my oh my the wait is incredible. They have got to get this sorted, this is not the first time we have waited over an hour for our order.

As I said, the food is great, when you get it!!!

• Visited April 2014
Portsmouth
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have visited the Red Chilli twice for a sit down meal, one of which was Valentine's Day, and have twice had a takeaway delivered. On every occasion the food has been amazing. As usual with these types of restaurant, the staff are exceptionally polite & attentive. Although not the cheapest, it is still very good value. I have recommended the Red Chilli to all my friends and intend to frequent the establishment/ use their takeaway service whenever I feel the need for a good curry! I can only assume there was a staffing problem on the night they received poor reviews.

• Visited March 2014