“Our new favourite Curry restaurant”

Red Chilli - Authentic Bangladeshi Cuisine
Ranked #16 of 84 Restaurants in Havant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have been regularly visiting the Red Chilli for several months now, both eating in and for takeaways. The food is consistently good. The service is friendly and efficient. And the restaurant and amenities raw always clean and well presented. There are a few "quirks" which we love, such as the food presentation, the pineapple chunks in the dansak and the mood lighting. Long may it last!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Have had frequent takeaways from here and always been good. So decided to visit the restaurant. What a lovely experience, the food was delicious, hot, and served promptly and in such a lovely clean modern atmosphere. Can't fault any part of the meal, the staff were great and couldn't do enough for us. The quality of the food was great and we had a super meal, at a very reasonable price. £42 for 2 people including wines and beer. The only slight quibble I would have is that I felt a little rushed, but that was forgiven when we got complimentary Baileys!

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely decor and amazingly friendly staff. I'm quite fussy about Indian food and I have to say this was fantastic! My wife and 6 year old daughter loved it too. Shame we are only visiting Havant otherwise I'd be there every week.

1  Thank GaryF-71
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Now, compared to its less flashy near by neighbours, this is a really nice place to look upon. It's basically the Indian in Havant to where you'd take a date or a friend who is not a curry head. It's all good, but the fancy shaved carrots do not make the dish taste better. I find the meat a little on the dry side, and the sides not quite there.

HOWEVER - their tandori dishes are really good - so if your after a feast of meat on a skewer, you could do a lot worse.

Food 3. Decor 4.5. Staff 4. So a high 3.

1  Thank Keith D
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I cannot complain about the food here, it is excellent. BUT my oh my the wait is incredible. They have got to get this sorted, this is not the first time we have waited over an hour for our order.

As I said, the food is great, when you get it!!!