“Excellent Stay”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Havant
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The rooms had just been refurbished so everything still smelt new. Particularly likes the 'vanity' area with lit mirror and hair dryer. Staff were very friendly the first thing the receptionist did was apologise about the car park. But as only short walk down hill to restaurant car park not a problem.
If you have bags just drop them off and then park. Breakfast at Beefeater was good staff friendly although I am glad we went early as buffet area was quite small so hard to get to drinks etc because of children helping themselves.

Good location right near A3

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 11 January 2012

When I've stayed here before, things have been OK because I've not had a problem. When I stayed on 29th December 2011, however, things were different.
I showered when I got up in the morning and reached for the single bath towel which had been provided. I was shocked to see a large, light yellow-stain in the centre of it. Being dripping wet, I was forced to use the hand towel (already slightly wet from shaving) to dry myself. I ended up using friction to burn the water off once the towel was sodden!
On my way to breakfast, I stopped off at the reception with the towel to show them the problem. The girl turned up her nose on seeing the stain, but said, "I don't know what we would do about that." I said I would leave it with her while I had breakfast and check with her later.
When I got back, she kindly handed me a fresh hand towel. And that was it. Not even an apology. No £5 off the bill as a gesture, or make my breakfast free, just a fresh hand towel.
What makes this worse is that when I emailed Premier Inn later using the "Tell us what you think" facility on their website, they didn't even bother to respond.
This hotel is still refurbishing its car park too and I would agree with a previous poster who commented that the steep slope down to the restaurant car park is not good for people with mobility problems. Certain parts of the restaurant car park are porrly-lit too. When the restaurant is busy, you have no choice but to park in these less convenient areas.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Malcvtr
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in all establishments, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

When the upgrade to rooms and car complete this will become an excellent premier inn whose staff already provide an excellent service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Only stayed for a long weekend whilst in between house moves. Two adults and two young children saw the room at full capacity and a little crowded but it was for a couple of days so....

Staff really polite and helpful. Rooms looking a little tired - especially the bathroom - but by no means is it a flea-pit. On the whole we enjoyed our stay and it served its purpose.

As we are locals, we already had experience of the "very hit n miss" Rusty Cutter so other than a snack on the Friday, we chose to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We spent 5 nights there this summer. The staff were polite, but we found that having to walk up and down the steep hill to the restaurant difficult for disabled people, especially as the food did not justify it's price.

The room was noisy and we were disturbed by neighbours both from beside us and above.

The bathroom was a disgrace. The taps were dripping and difficult to turn on and off. The bath was filthy and thick with scum and was not cleaned till the evening before we left.

I have complained but my complaint has been ignored, probably because they would have to refund me if they acknowledged me.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Halfpint_Biker
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated by the Management Team at this hotel. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

The friendliness and helpfulness at this Hotel and in the Restaurant was outstanding. The rooms are quite adequate for an overnight stay, clean and pleasant. On arrival at the restaurant at about 12 noon we explained that we had an engagement at 2pm and asked if the hotel might have our rooms available a little early. Immediate steps were taken to ensure this was arranged. We indicated that we only required a light lunch from the menu, but when ordering later at 1pm were informed that only Sunday Roast was available on Sunday lunchtimes. When the misunderstanding was explained, and staff became aware that we were staying in the hotel and had a pending engagement within the hour, a light snack and complimentary coffees were quickly served with friendliness and without fuss.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Definitely not one of the best Premier Inn's I've stayed at, but not that bad (I'd equate it with one of the average Travelodges) - the hotel and rooms just feels a little tired, with little details of neglect such as the "mouldy bath seams" syndrome. Clean rooms and very comfortable beds though (if you like firm beds which I do!) and the staff were most friendly and helpful. The adjacent Beefeater restaurant did a nice dinner and breakfast, if a little overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havant
Premier Inn (Langstone/A27)
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
#17 of 39 in Portsmouth
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth

Been to Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel? Share your experiences!