“A great find!”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge Hook
Ranked #2 of 7 Hook B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed here for one night whilst on business in nearby Basingstoke.

The hotel is part of a pub, that is directly on the A30 through the village and has a large car park. The receptionist was friendly and checked me in efficiently.

The pub is a 16th centaury building and as such the room was characterful - the floor was a little slanted! It was clean, warm and comfortable. My room was directly above the bar area, there was a little bit of noise early on, but nothing to get too anxious about.

I had a meal in the pub and noticed a variety of ales on offer. This was obviously frequented by locals, but this added to the pub atmosphere. The meal was excellent and good value.

There was a full English breakfast option, which I took and this was well presented and properly cooked.

All in all, a really good fined and good value. I will definetly stay here again should I find myself on business locally.

Room Tip: Ask for a room out the back to avoid any noise from the bar, though the rooms may not have as much c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Recently stayed at the White Hart Hotel in Hook Hants. Great welcome and easy transition from arrival to room. Room ok for traveller whether business or pleasure, has clean firm bed and coffee making facilities and ensuite bathroom which was ok. Little in need of touch up on kick plate next to toilet but no problem toward my stay. Food in the bar was excellent as was the service,could not fault it.Only problem with stay is creeking floorboards and noisy upstairs neighbours. My room 1 I think must be under staffroom or function room as banging and laughing till late hours was evident and an early morning banging session at 345am,thanks neede to be up at 4 anyway.If you need a good nights sleep ask for upstair rooms as opposed to downstairs.Spoilt a nice placeother than that.

Room Tip: Must be upstairs!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2013

This one is just about the restaurant which is part of the hotel.

My wife and I took our two children (2.5 years, 9 months) along to the White Hart Hotel for some lunch early during those days between Christmas and New Year. The service was brilliant and the options for children were excellent. We were rather impressed that the spaghetti came hot, but NOT piping hot. It's seriously annoying as a parent when the food arrives crazy, crazy hot as the child inevitably spends valuable attention minutes getting annoyed by not being able to tuck in.

Good thinking on the part of the chef. The baguettes we ordered were stuffed and excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights in January. The service was excellent, the rooms clean an comfortable, plenty of free parking and great food. The bar and restaurant are connected to the hotel but no noise can be heard from the rooms, bar was bustling on Saturday evening and was a lovely setting for a meal and a few drinks. Staff are very helpful and we were very impressed with the full english breakfast. Rooms were very spacious and the beer garden is lovely on a sunny day. Would highly recommend and look forward to our next stay!
Note be careful not to mix up with the other white hart down the road.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I've no idea why this isn't higher up the rankings. Rooms are good, food is great and they have many guest ales. I recomend this venue to work colleagues and have not heard anything adverse. In fact the feedback has been very good which is why I would recomend the White Hart - not to be confused with the other one up the road!

Ideal location and a 2 minute drive see's you at either the M3 motorway or stunning countryside views. It has sky tv and your allowed dogs in the bar section. The garden is quite big and lovely when the sun is out.

Staff are all good and it is well Managed in a convenient location. What more can you want for overnight/weekend stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Travelled down from Bolton for a funeral in Basingstoke. Impossible to find anything in Basingstoke as a conference going on & prices pushed up.
The people at the white hart could not be more accommodating, the rooms were clean and quite big, the food was good value for money! We would stop here again when back down - NO QUESTION
THANKS TO ALL
Mr & Mrs Peach

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Wow wow wow.. What a lovely little find this was.. We were looking for somewhere to eat after a day out, and although i knew of the White Hart, we had never actually eaten here. But as we are only local we will definitely be coming here more often. As we walked through the door we were immediately greeted by a member of staff who showed us to a table. We were given a main menu and also a 'specials' menu that had some lovely home cooked dishes on it. It took us a while to decide as everything looked delicious. I eventually settled on the Home made fish pie which i must say is the best fish pie i have ever tasted, and my husband had the fish and chips. When they arrives the fish filled the plate and the chips were presented in a very cute little chip basket. You could tell it was all very freshly prepared and attention to detail is key in this pub / restaurant. The staff were so friendly and polite and i noticed how prompt they were to clear plates and clean tables ready for the next customers. (which a lot of places don't do). Customer service is obviously important here which makes it an even more enjoyable experience. What we couldn't quite get over was the value for money. The size of the portions and the quality of the food you get doesn't match up to the price. They also advertised an over 50's club where you can get 2 courses for 7.55. I took a leaflet for my mum and dad and they have already signed up and visited this little gem. I cannot say enough good things about this place. They also have a hotel and out of curiosity we asked to have a look at a room. They look lovely too, and are also very good value for money. If any of my friends need a local hotel / restaurant / pub the The White Hart will be the first place i would tell them to visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hook
Raven Hotel
The Elvetham
#1 of 1 in Hartley Wintney
7 mi away
The Kingsley at Eversley

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Hook? Share your experiences!