“Delicious ”

Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Hook
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our welcome is always friendly and our service always attentive. Once you step into The Hogget you can rest assured that you'll be well looked after. We pride ourselves on offering you the type of experience that sums up what is great about proper British pubs - lovely ales, interesting wines and great food in a relaxed and friendly environment. Meet for an informal lunch, a birthday dinner, a relaxing glass of wine or just a satisfying Sunday Roast - The Hogget is the place to do it. Whatever the occasion The Hogget in Hook is the perfect place to EAT, DRINK and ENJOY!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have been here twice now and both times we thoroughly enjoy! The food is so yummy, would highly recommend the beef noodles they are amazing, as are the ribs! We have also tried the burgers. Everything was faultless. Staff are really friendly (and also welcomed our little dog with open arms) We will be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you're staying at the Basingstoke Country Hotel then definitely eat here fora far higher quality food & service ! I recommend the burgers :-)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked for a birthday meal on Friday evening. Starters and mains very good, especially the mussels, puddings ok. Service could be a bit more friendly though. Had a rather stern voicemail asking me to confirm booking by 6pm or I would lose table but due to being really busy I only picked it up late so I didn't know if we would even have a table when we arrived, although it was not full. Turned out we were fine but I was a bit panicked. On arrival and once seated my 19 year old daughter whose birthday it was tried to order a drink at the table but was asked for ID which she didn't have. New policy we were told. She was embarrassed as was I for her to be honest. I understand rules are rules but she ended up in tears in the car park - please make this policy clear at the time of booking rather than needlessly upset guests. It was a bit heavy handed. And I am not going to allow an underage member of the group order an alcoholic beverage am I - discretion needed perhaps? So great on the food, less so service, but I am sure this can be put right. 7/10

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We popped in last night for a quick bite to eat before heading out to a show so were in a bit of a hurry. Our orders were taken promptly and we both went for Asian noodle bowls (chicken for me, beef for hubb). I wish I'd taken a picture as they looked so delicious but I couldn't wait to tuck in! Probably the best noodle dish I've ever had! Chicken was tender and juicy, noodles were perfect and the vegetables still had that gorgeous crunch to them. All staff were lovely and service was spot on. Will definitely return when we have more time!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

A group of 8 of us meet up here annually. It is central to us all and very welcoming. We always visit on a Sunday and normally have the Sunday roast. This time we had a mixture of dishes, possibly because of the prices. My wife had the beef roast but at £17.50 I thought a little expensive and not fantastic. The quantity was there but not the quality I am afraid. Two of us had the sausage and mash and this was first class. It is still a very nice place though and the service is very good. Oh! and good ales.