“My wedding”

Hook House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hook
“My wedding”
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

I had my wedding here Saturday. Tim and the staff at the hook house made my day absolutely perfect. Would high recommend as a venue. The house itself is stunning, the grounds are beautiful and the cook breakfast the next day was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel special. You can tell a huge amount of effort goes into what they do. Thank you hook house.

Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dorset
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I was needing somewhere to sit, read and eat for a couple of hours. Found the hotel by chance. They were very helpful and showed me into a sitting room, well-heated with comfortable chairs. Even though a conference was going on, they brought me sandwiches, coffee, tea and made sure I was OK.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BeaDorset
Midlands, UK
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Arrived quite late and from the website I expected more.

I was ushered rapidly to my room and found it at the end of a corridor with the door open in welcome.

The room was very small and I would compare it to a B&B.

The other thing notable was how cold the room was I could find no heating source but there could be under floor heating.

The bed was a double but as it is pushed against a wall would require climbing over you partner to access if there were two of you. And the quilt just about reached the side of the bed no overhang, but it does have a bed cover to hold it in place for one person this would be uncomfortable for two

Breakfast very limited choice of fruit and cereal but the will probably cook you anything. They did not really say what was available, I can only assume they didn't think my one night stay worthy of too much effort.

That's how it felt to me

• Stayed November 2011
hookhouse, Owner at Hook House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Thank You for taking time to leave comments. Apologies for the heat, the underfloor system failed that week and was serviced and repaired soon after. A portable heater was left for the occupant. The room is for sole occupancy, so the need to climb over someone wouldn't ever arise, (We have king rooms for double occupancy bookings) We have a mimimum standard of double beds throughout, rather than single beds. We understand this reduces space slightly but feel this is more suitable for the customer. Full english breakfast, eggs any way you want them are all cooked to order, natural yogurts, fruit, 6 choices of kelloggs cereal, Orange and Apple juice, prunes, grapefruit and pears. Porridge is also available in Winter. Apologies we didnt meet your expectation. We certainly value every booking regardless of duration!
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My sister got married here a couple of years ago, it was a fantasic day. Food was fab, wedding went without a hitch. Venue was just stunning. Therefore I have decided to book this place for my wedding next year. It really is a fantasic place and would highly recommended as a wedding venue. I was surprised to read comments about Tim and he was hugely helpful to both my sister and me. He is open, honest and will work with you. Cannot wait for my big day next year.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Hampshire-gem
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We had our civil partnership here in august, Fantastic hotel for a wedding venue. Tim couldn't of been more helpful and helped to make our day magical. Also all the staff were great and were kept busy by our guest's but kept smiling.
The grounds are amazing as is the truely english house. All of our guest's complimented the hotel and the staff. they made our day, I must recommend the bbq menu if you are looking for fantastic food.

We had some high demands and Tim was full of idea's to help and dealt with our last min requests.

The room's were so comfortable and clean and breakfast was fantastic.

Thanks again Tim for helping with our high demands and making our day so amazing.

Room Tip: The room with the 4 poster bed was great but our guest stayed up drinking till late and you could he...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jaks86
farnborough
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I have contacted the Hook hose hotel for the second time and for the second time been spoken to badly, 'Tim' whoever he is is rude, and not helpful at all. If your getting married, i wouldnt bother, because apparently this man doesnt want the custom.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sam_hayles
hookhouse, Owner at Hook House Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Never met the person who has written this review. However like any business we get potential clients requesting something that we wouldnt normally get involved with, generally price related and therefore 'bad business'. Often for example couples want just an evening buffet here, when we require the full day complete with sit down Wedding Breakfast.
Please find actual bridal reviews on hitched.co.uk and see what service we really offer.
Gloucester UK
Reviewed 22 December 2010

This is exactly the sort of hotel I love staying in when I am away from home - small(ish), friendly , comfortable and with very palatable food.

I really ought to say 'Don't Stay' - but that would only be so that I could ensure there was a room available for me - I have already had to stay elsewhere because the hotel was full, I never want that problem again!!! But I can only be honets - stay here and you will have a great stay, much better than you will get in the faceless huge identical chain hotels ( I hate them!!!)

The food is prepared and presented to a high standard, and I have tried most things on the restaurant menu, and can find no fault, somethings I would rarely have only from the point of view of personal taste. The rooms are smallish but comfortable and have all the usual stuff, trouser press, Digital TV (very SMALL TV!! - bring binoculars), Tea and Coffee making, phone, alarm etc. Beds are lovely and warm (especially at th e moment in th emiddle of a freeze) and probably comfortable (that is always an individual thing isn't it?) I am not joking about the TV, it really is very small. King John beer in the bar and a pot of nibbles always go down well with a read of the papers before dinner.

Tim greets and chats and is a good host and the staff are all really pleasant, it is always nice when they remember your name I think, brownie points to them for that.

I think if I was looking for a minus point it would have to be the WiFi - it is free, it works, but is very slow and small bandwidth. It does struggle to keep up with me sometimes, which, from a business use, is a bit of a nuisance.

Really, I don't want to rate it highly because you, dear reader, might book a room and that may mean I have to stay elsewhere, so as i do have to give it an honest high rating, I have put plan B in place, I now book up well in advance. So perhaps it is you that will miss out and have to go elsewhere. Now that would be a shame :-)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Reeley
hookhouse, Owner at Hook House Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. You will be pleased to know wifi has now been outsourced professionally to great benefit of upload speeds to our customers. Tv's are also now upgraded. Look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hook
Raven Hotel
The Kingsley at Eversley
The Elvetham
The Elvetham
#1 of 1 in Hartley Wintney

Been to Hook House Hotel? Share your experiences!