“A romantic meal out, partially spoilt by noisy neighbours...”
Review of The Links Tavern

The Links Tavern
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Liphook
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With stripped pine decor, a crackling open fire and muddy boots by the door – The Links Tavern is the quintessential country pub. Settle down to fabulous food and an array of real ales, served up in the cosy, welcoming surroundings of Liphook’s best pub.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Valentines meal out, the setting was lovely, a corner table for two and an excellent menu, from which the food did not disappoint.
Would definitely eat here again, however would look for a quitter experience as the group who had booked a large table "next door", being the other side of a small partition, became so noisy that it was impossible to have a conversation. One other couple moved away from the partition to sit on the sofas once they had finished their meal, it wasn't an option to us.
Staff friendly and service initially very good, however staff disappeared later on and we had our coats on ready to go before they came to take payment.
Overall a disappointing experience, despite the top quality food.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

If you charge top dollar for your pub food - and this is what they do here - then you set a high level of expectation that has to be met. So "good but not perfect" is fair.

The pub atmosphere is excellent and they serve proper ales. The food is good or very good but you can get caught out. For example, when we went:
- the standard Sunday roast at around £15 was well cooked, especially the vegetables
- the trio of creme brulees was brilliant and clearly a signature dessert to be proud of.

By contrast
- for the same price as the brulee the lemon meringue came partially defrosted and was minimalistic
- the chicken caesar salad was a cheekly and overpriced main course comprising a bit of lettuce with some croutons and a couple of slices of chicken...all for £10.50.

So choose your dishes carefully and be picky if you don't like the quality of what they serve, or indeed the value for money of their offerings. But do look out for what they do well. Whether, on the day it is what you order may be pot luck though. Such are the issues with pub chains

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Been a local of mine for many years. In the past five years it has changed management more times than I can remember.
The refurb has made it lovely looking and I nice enough environment for a drink. However I have given the new management a 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance to provide a half decent plate of food and I'll afraid every time I have been very disappointed with the level of service (which is very slow and impersonal) and quality of the food (which is reasonably expensive). I thought chips was a safe bet however it seems it is still possible to get this wrong as they were under portioned and undercooked.

Yet again the restaurant have not got it right and I won't be giving it my hard earned money again.

1  Thank Moxey7
The L, General Manager at The Links Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

I am sorry that you feel we have not provided the level of food or sevice on your numerous visits.

We never like to let a customer leave unhappy.

Please contact me direct on 01428 723773 or email me links@fullers.co.uk to discuss.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Stuart Midgley

Reviewed 25 January 2014

What a surprise on my way back from Champneys to find such a gem. My daughter and I had a great meal at a cozy seat near a log fire. Cant wait to re-visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

visited over the Christmas holidays on a Saturday night, heard it had had a refrub so was interested in the outcome/Delighted to say that we had a great meal with six of us. Was worreid with it being a saturday that the service could be slow and not a great choice.but pleaseantly surprised that they had more than enough staff covering food was exclellent and we look forward to a revisit very soon.