“Superb”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Cape Town is home
“Superb”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the friend with whom I went there for dinner.

First impressions count and when I phoned to book I was made to feel welcome and I knew this would be a good experience. The restaurant looks really clean and inviting and we were greeted and offered drinks and a menu.

A varied choice of Indian and Nepali food, something for everyone, we choose Nepali, and it was served with the grace and charm that typifies the people of Nepal, a country I have been fortunate to have visited. Top quality food and presentation.

A thoroughly enjoyable visit and excellent value even at the full price, although we got one main course free with Gourmet Society membership.

• Visited May 2014

“A great restaurant”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have gone a few times now to the Gurkha Chautari and have to say it is one of my favourite places to eat. Everything is done to a very high standard. The food is amazing and the service is great. The menu offers a wide variety of dishes but my favourite is definitely the Kathmandu Kukhura, but I recommend most of the dishes in the Nepalese specials, and the naan breads are second to none!
In regard to service - the owner and staff are charming and really helpful. They are extremely friendly and lovely to talk to.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

“excellent”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A great meal and far exceeded my expectation. There's been some additions to the menu since we last went here.I noticed the improvement and look forward to another visit soon. If you are able to use one of the offer coupons its fantastic value but even without discount its great value food

• Visited April 2014
Liphook, United Kingdom
“New menu better than before!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The food is always good here, service excellent and now its moved up another gear!!
I can't believe that the new menu is better than before!
Its moved from a four star restaurant to a five star!!
The chicken tikka starter is to die for!
The main course of Nepal lamb curry with Roti bread is lovely.
You will not be disappointed here.
It is good value and especially the wines.
The staff are very helpful so give it a go.

Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and consistently very good”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My wife and I are regulars at the Gurkha Chautari. More often than not we go with friends and those friends have introduced other friends so that has to be a great recommendation. The owner and staff are always enthusiastic and helpful. If you have any special requests or queries the staff are always there for you. We think that for consistently good food and great value this has to be our favourite restaurant. Sometimes during the week it is very quiet which astounds us as the restaurant is so good in many respects.