“What some people expect.”

and 1 more site!
Metro Inns A3 Liphook Services
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Liphook
“What some people expect.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My son in Law and I have just arrived here for a one night stay. Room 34. Paid £55 for the twin room. The room was clean and tidy. Chap on the door friendly. Must admit with some of the postings I saw we were dreading coming. Can't fault the place. What some people expect for the money god only knows. And free WiFi.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Knowing this was an ex travel lodge I booked this for two nights as it was close to the place that me and partner were enjoying a evening out. I had read reviews and thought for the money a bit of flaky paint and simplicity was bearable. All i can say after our stay is 'it turned out to be a lovely surprise' yes the place needs a lick of paint and had a bit of mold in the bathroom due to poor ventilation but the room itself was good. Nice comfy bed, large room with a small sized tv, small fridge to put or drinks all the things you need for a nice cuppa even a microwave was in there. Food could be bought from the petrol station adjacent it closes it's doors at 11 but they are 24hr so the little window is used. Shower was powerful enough and towels were clean. Even thou by the motorway noise was a minimum it only got noisy around 5.30 (we stayed on a weekday) but we had the windows open when they were shut it was fine We both commented that we have paid a lot more for a worse room in the past.
So i would say give it a go if you are just looking for a place to rest your head for the night and bring along a microwavable meal, some drink and be sure of a restful nights sleep to continue your journey totally refreshed.

Room Tip: We had room 25. Over looking the car park right next to a fire escape at the end of a corridor so no...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Conwy County, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

even if its on the side of the A3, very nice room with a 52' tv very good specially as i wanted to watch the champions league football on itv, a shell garage next door, only problem was no food facilities near by apart from the shell petrol station

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Craigd4119
Wales
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Bed was clean and that was about it. Dirty bathroom bin. The soap dish was caked in hard stale soap. The sink was drown around the plughole as was the rim around the taps. The worst was the strong smell of damp as you enter.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Christine R

Travellers are raving about these Liphook hotels

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

So me, my boyfriend and his mum and step dad have just spent the night at this gross hotel. At £55 a night it was a well over priced dirt hole.

On turning up at reception they first only thought we had booked one room when infant we had booked two. The lady on reception was nice enough when she did eventually find the second room. One of the staff, when we arrived, was chain smoking outside the hotel entrance which was lovely being a non-smoker.

We put our bags down in the room (room 28) which smelt like someone had been smoking in it for the last 20 years, and headed down stairs as we fancied a Starbucks over the road. And once again the guy was smoking again outside the entrance, our room was directly above the entrance so the cigarette smoke was drifting in our room as we had the windows open as it was crazy hot in there.

The walls we're stained, their was cobwebs down the side of the toilet, and dirt in the corners of the shelf either side of the sink. I daren't take a bath as that didn't look much better.

The bed was soft and wasn't too bad. Although it slopped in the middle which was a little annoying but is had a few beers at a family event we visited liplook for so passed out pretty quickly. However on arrival after said party there was yet another member of staff smoking as we walked in, blowing smoke under our bedroom window.

This hotel is in desperate need of a refurb and charging £55 a night is ridiculous for a 'hotel' in this state. I've stayed in much cleaner hostels.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank SophieE3
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel after looking for somewhere to stay overnight on our way to Goodwood. This was the only hotel in our price range available within a 20 mile radius of Goodwood (the next cheapest was £190 compared with £35 for this place). The only good thing I can say about this place is the price. I've stayed in other hotels around this price (and cheaper) that demonstrate cheap doesn't necessarily mean shoddy.

The place stank, I was wretching at the smell in the stairway. I can't describe the smell, I had to hold my breath on our way to the room. The room itself was smelly, it wreaked of stale cigarette smoke. The bed settee absolutely wreaked of stale cigarette smoke, I couldn't expect my 3 year old daughter to sleep on this, she ended up sleeping with us in the double bed. Which was broke. The legs along one side of the bed kept collapsing. It annoyed us so much that we eventually gave up putting the legs back on and put up with a sloping bed.

The bathroom was dirty and hardly functional. The shower just dribbled, there was next to no pressure in the water system. We ended up filling the plastic cups provided for tooth brushing and used these to wet and rinse. There were two temperatures available - scalding or freezing. Had to alternate between the two.

The furniture and fixings were basic and the carpet looked about 20 years old. The TV was an ancient 14" portable, I guess the room we stayed in hadn't had the 40" LCD upgrade yet. The remote for the TV was missing the back and a battery so we couldn't really use it anyway.

This place is in desperate need of a refit. If it wasn't for the mini fridge provided in the room, which we actually found useful, this would have been a one star review. Must do better Metro Inns. If I'm down that way again, I would rather spend £190 to stay in a decent hotel. Even at £35, this is not worth another stay. The only circumstance I would reconsider staying here is following a refurbish.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank craignock
March, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here after not being able to find anything else nearby. We paid £55 to stay here on a Saturday night which I think was expensive for the standard of accommodation and cleanliness of the bathroom. I would have been happy paying £35.00.
When we arrived there was no bedding for our sons bed, which to be fair was brought straight to the room but we then had to make the bed. The bedding was clean and beds comfy.
We only had 2 cups which wasn't enough when we all wanted a drink but not really a problem.
The bathroom! This was very dirty I don't even want to think when the soap dish was last cleaned of the remainders of the previous guests showers. Broken towel rail with wires exposed and suspect hairs all around the floor (not ours).
We would not stay here again due to this, I thought it better not to have a shower this morning.
Facilities nearby are limited, I would recommend bringing breakfast bars so something so you have something to eat before finding the nearest Wetherspoons for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dazzle1978
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liphook
Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course
Grayshott Health Spa
Grayshott Health Spa
#1 of 1 in Grayshott
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa

Been to Metro Inns A3 Liphook Services? Share your experiences!