Have just had a very enjoyable 2 night stay at this hotel. We were part of a wedding party, and what a beautiful venue for a wedding. The food was good, the Sports Bar provides snacks and bar food and the restaurant has the choice of a carvery. The wedding breakfast was excellent and all served nice and hot. Contrary to what I had read on some reviews, I found all the staff polite, very helpful with nothing too much trouble. The rooms are very comfortable, we were lucky in having a room that looked over the magnificent golf course. Cannot comment on the Spa as didn't use it but the gym and swimming pool were brilliant. My husband, a novice golfer, was very impressed with the course saying you could see for miles from some of the holes and thoroughly enjoyed his round of golf. On the whole, a great place for people to get married and have their guests entertained too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire