My niece block booked a number of rooms here for wedding guests and we decided to stay an extra two nights prior. I have stayed in many hotels mostly on business and I have to say that I have never seen a "manager" so active and professional as Dave Allan who seemed to be around all hours ensuring that everything was running smoothly. His wife Dianne was equally impressive in her role in one of the restaurants as she made sure that the place ran as one would expect. For me the only downside to the stay was not due to staff but a rather obnoxious couple who were RESIDENTS! They seemed to have a problem with the fact they were not told the carvery was operating on Thursday night as the night before they had also ate there and had steak,the poor devils!! They spoke to the lovely Latvian waitress rather rudely and clearly thought they were better than anybody else despite the fact they were staying in one of the budget Pods!! The way they were behaving around the place I thought they owned it!!! In fact their behaviour was quite entertaining as I am sure they were unjustifyably after some discount.
Overall a very nice place with great staff, operated very well even at the busiest of times as all the rooms were full due to the two weddings that weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire