My wife and I stayed at the Old Thorns for my daughter's wedding night. The wedding service and celebrations that followed were very well orchestrated by hotel staff and I passed on positive feedback to the bar/buffet manager who 'looked after' celebrations througout the day/evening - he did a great job!
My comments in trhis review are not centred/directed towards the wedding event but the quality and experience of the hotel accomodation. When I booked the room I paid a deposit of £50 and was advised the full price would be £129 (with the remainder to pay on check-out). Apparently this was a discounted rate - as the wedding was being hosted at the hotel.
When we were allocated our room, we found we were staying in a remote accomodation block, some 150 metres from the main hotel reception/ facilities, which on a windy/wet day was not ideal. Had this been made clear on booking the room I would have requested a room in the main building.
The hotel room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable, however the furnishings looked a little tired and there was no complimentary water and only full-fat milk provided for tea and coffee. I have stayed in many hotels and I thought given the facilities it was very average for the price.
Breakfast was nice with a good selection of fresh danish pastries.
We weren't asked for feedback by reception staff on checking out which is a shame really.
We did not use the spa facilities (owing to time limits).
Pete & Sue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire