“Amazing hotel! Can't fault it!!!”

Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Liphook
London
“Amazing hotel! Can't fault it!!!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely luxurious hotel with modern decor but an vintage style feel. Very clean and is maintained very well! Every detail is taken care of.

I am shocked at some people's bad reviews, don't believe them! I am an extremely fussy person and I cannot fault this lovely hotel! You cannot get a nicer hotel for a 4*. I don't know what people expect-the prices aren't cheap but very reasonable. If you expect 5* service then be willing to pay over £1000 for a hotel in Mayfair in London! If people are complaining about the spa please state another spa hotel which has better facilities than this. I have stayed in many hotels which state "and spa" which are just a basic pool with a small sauna attached to it. This hotel offers a real spa experience which is very large and luxurious!

I've stayed over, come on spa days, attended my sisters wedding and all experiences were amazing! If you're looking to book here don't hesitate.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jess O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Weybridge surrey
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Booked for an overnight spa experience, lovely big pool, only 12 beds around the pool, only 4 heated relaxation beds. Small jacuzzi, two person foot spa and a small steam and dry room. No drinking facilities. It is a membership club for the golfers which means families and children. It may be a good members club, but not a relaxing spa day unless you like being surrounded by lots of young children splashing around the pool. No magazines. No food. You have to get dressed to leave the spa to go to the opposite end of the hotel to get food. Staff were cleaning the pool, great you would think but not whilst I was trying to swim in the lap lane area!! Staff were present at reception, whilst not unfriendly, they did not engage in conversation. This is not a spa experience, certainly not a relaxing one ohh and remember to take a pack lunch, something to drink and something to read..... Even the treatment area doesn't have magazines so again, take your own

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had a great time, service was excellent. we stayed for the weekend as we where here for a wedding which everyone seemed to enjoy. Food was excellent and we couldn't fault it. while we were here we tried some of the facilities, which they had an excellent choice of. Swimming pool was a little on the cold side for our baby, so we made good use of the hot tub. The only fault we had was the carpet in our room was well worn and had alot of stains on. otherwise we had a great time and would come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Old Thorns for my daughter's wedding night. The wedding service and celebrations that followed were very well orchestrated by hotel staff and I passed on positive feedback to the bar/buffet manager who 'looked after' celebrations througout the day/evening - he did a great job!

My comments in trhis review are not centred/directed towards the wedding event but the quality and experience of the hotel accomodation. When I booked the room I paid a deposit of £50 and was advised the full price would be £129 (with the remainder to pay on check-out). Apparently this was a discounted rate - as the wedding was being hosted at the hotel.

When we were allocated our room, we found we were staying in a remote accomodation block, some 150 metres from the main hotel reception/ facilities, which on a windy/wet day was not ideal. Had this been made clear on booking the room I would have requested a room in the main building.

The hotel room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable, however the furnishings looked a little tired and there was no complimentary water and only full-fat milk provided for tea and coffee. I have stayed in many hotels and I thought given the facilities it was very average for the price.

Breakfast was nice with a good selection of fresh danish pastries.

We weren't asked for feedback by reception staff on checking out which is a shame really.

We did not use the spa facilities (owing to time limits).

Pete & Sue

Room Tip: Stick to the main hotel building.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We arrived at Old Thorns Manor to stay in the ECO PODS, which I have to say are fantastic!! We arrived on a cold winter night at 7pm when we went to reception we were informed by the receptionist that our pod number was number 7 and gave us the key. She also said we could order room service to the pod which we thought was fantastic.
Arriving at the pod we were greeted by a warm and pleasant setup, having never stayed in one of these before me and my girlfriend were amazed!! So WARM so Comfortable and so great looking. We had a carvery in the restaurant and breakfast the next day, the food was very nice and the clubhouse was beautiful. The only bad things I have to say about it all were:
1. At reception we were told we could order room service to the pod but no menu was in the pod and no contact phone number.
2. At reception we tried to book a spa treatment for the next day and were told she didn't work in the spa and we would have to call in the morning. Which I would've thought our number could've been taken and the spa could call us in the morning?
3. Having paid the 99.00 for the pod B&B we were asked on leaving to stump up a further 2.00 for a daily mail paper. Maybe this should be included if required??

All in all we had a great time and would go again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have stayed here now a number of times and almost feels like home. Always a warm welcome and as I stay here on business alone, I feel comfortable and at ease in any area of the hotel. The spa facilities are luxurious, the food is always good and reasonably priced. I arrived very late one night after a difficult journey, the receptionist placed my food order for me as I checked in so that it arrived in my room shortly after I settled in. The rooms in the hotel are lovely, comfortable and clean. The rooms in the new annex building are very modern and luxurious, and I look forward to staying here again on a regular basis.

Room Tip: If given the choice opt for the annex building as the rooms are more modern
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Harrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We went mainly for the golf and pick this 4 star hotel and were not disappointed. Very good welcome and help when we had to come back another time due to the golf course being closed. No complaints on the room, very comfy bed, powerful shower and quiet room. Much choice for part buffet style dinner (3 meats), unlimited veg, and excellent buffet breakfast - both using quality ingredients and well cooked (almost fine dining without waitress service). The golf course was excellent in terms of design and challenge although the fairway was very wet with one or two holes being hard to find. For £99 per person for one night double room (King sized bed), 2 rounds, dinner and breakfast - very good value although a bit far from N London. We did not use their spa or pool, hence can't comment on these.

Room Tip: Room in the old building would be near the health facilities.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liphook
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
#1 of 1 in Sutton Scotney
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,075 reviews
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel
Park House Hotel & Spa

Been to Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course? Share your experiences!