We visited this hotel last night with a group of friend's for a Bee Gees Tribute night, and it was a really fun night!
The food was the standard type of food you get when a hotel of this size is catering for a large party, edible, watercress soup for a starter was not a great idea, and the men on the table were not that keen on eating green liquid! the chicken main course, although a little dry, had a small amount of flavoured gravy so it helped, the cheesecake for desert was not quite defrosted, so watery, which soaked into the biscuit base. But if you have been to as many hotel Xmas function's as I have over the year's, you kind of get used to this kind of offering, so it was all about the entertainment, which was great, the tribute band was ok, their outfit's were even more interesting than their actual music, and once they had finished we had a dj, which continued onto after 12am.
They had a Photo booth in the room, which was free to use, it had a big tray of item's that you could wear for fancy dress for the pic's, so we all had a lot of fun with that, and came home with lots of post card size photo card's with 4 pics on each card, something to remind you of a great night out.
So all in all, a good night, and we will definitely be thinking of a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire