The hotel and grounds were lovely. My room was a good size with a balcony. It was clean. When I arrived I was given no information just key which was not really a warm welcome.
The restaurant was nice food however service was so bad. No one came to me so approached a young lad and ask for a drink also if the salad was included he said yes so I had a little bit with my meal in which it was not and was a starter of £5.95 in which he came back and told me while I was eating it. He asked if I wanted a drink and then remembered he had already took my drink order. He forgot again so I had to get up and find someone to order for the third time. I finished my meal and the waiter came back to see if I ever got my drink he said he got called away to do something else. Really why on earth would you ignore a customer to do something else.
The next night I asked if I could place an order for room service at reception as I had just come from spa she said no I would have to go sports bar to order, I didn't want to as I was not really dressed to go in the bar. I went to the room to order and both phones were not working so I had to come down and book in the sports bar and got charged the £5 room service. I had done most of the service myself.
On check out the receptionist were laughing and joking with the golfers either regulars or men. I was checked out no extra mile no conversation even though I made a little small talk. I even stood there like a fool not realising they had finished with me. No how was your stay. Have a good day. Nothing ! Cold goodbye to finish of a cold welcome. I do a lot of business travel alone and to get a warm welcome and that little extra mile goes a long way. This was the 10/07/14 leaving at 8.00 am with the two terrible receptionist.
Tonight I am staying in another hotel and I feel at home lovely warm friendly service at the Hilton maybe they could do a customer service skills course here.
If you want a friendly hotel this is not one although Starbucks on site gave a friendly service.
Spa was great
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire