a friend and i booked a room for a friends wedding reception at the hotel. we got there early to be greeted by a moody receptionist. our room was not ready 30mins after it should have been. we got in our room which was pleasant but we soon realised there was no aircon and the only means of fresh air was a patio door overlooking a building site. The room was very humid. we spent time in the spa and then the bar which was fine but when we came to get ready for the evening reception. we had no water in our room. no flushing toilet no shower nothing. it turned out that the pump in our half of the hotel had hadit. took 40mins to get us to anouther location to shower which was the spa!!. we eventually arrived 1hour and 30mins late to our friends reception to which we missed the first dance and the cutting of the cake. we made a point to the maintenance guy who also turned out to be resident dj, security, maintenance and bar man (staffing issues) that we were unhappy. when we arrived in our room later that night we had to open our only patio door for some fresh air which was fine until the greenkeepers started cutting the grass at 6am right outside our door. needless to say we had an awful nights stay and when we complained we were told there was absolutely no compensation or gesture of goodwill just rudeness by staff thinking they own the place.
i was appalled at there customer service and hospitallity. funnily enough we werent the only people complaining that morning, the place is under renovation and hasnt been finished to a good standard and staff were pouring half full champagne down the drain. my advice stay at the travel inn down the road at least you wont be wasting your money...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire