“Mum and Daughter special time”

Champneys Forest Mere
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Liphook
Reading, United Kingdom
“Mum and Daughter special time”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My daughter and I have just returned from an overnight stay at Forest Mere and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience there. We paid a little extra to upgrade our room to Premier and were delighted with our view of the lake, French doors leading onto a sunny little terrace and comfortable sitting area. The premises are well maintained and clean and the food delicious. While the majority of the staff are helpful and friendly, there were a few who seemed less so. Our only complaint was that, with so many lovely pampering treatments and jolly fitness classes to choose from, we didn't have enough time to relax - we'll just have to stay longer next time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I normally visit with a friend but found a great deal on their web site and was able to introduce five other friends! This was a great way at a great price to promote buisness. All five will be returning. As always I throughly enjoy my visit. The staff are always very accomodating and available to help with your requirements. We definatley had a good deal and paid for extra treatments. I can understand some of the negative comments if indeed you pay full price to stay for several days. In the world of Spa s this probabley is one of the oldest and thus the surroundings may not always be up to date with the competition. However, I have never been disappointed and will be returning with several more friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nolightynolikey
Salisbury
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Excellent facilities. Greeted at the door with charming smiles, fully informed of what to expect and do for the day. Amazing swimming pool, excellent choice of classes all day long and spa treatments - do book early though. I thought I would be ok but it was full. I did shop instead - nice shops too. Lunch was a great surprise, lots of choice and very tasty. Lots of quiet rooms to relax with a cup of tea or sit in the sun in the garden. Overall a worthwhile day trip. You don't need to pack a thing other than clothes. Cleanser, toner, face - hand creams all catered for aswell as body was hair wash, towels hairdryer and straightners.

• Stayed April 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Love this spa, have stayed four or five times and it has excelled every time. All staff brilliant, such a relaxing atmosphere. Restaurant service amazingly quick. Great range of facilities. Can't wait for my next visit!

Room Tip: Not a place for children. Rooms great but you can upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I booked to take my mother for a surprise pamper weekend. Overall our stay was good! Although we were unaware that thalassotherapy pool session should be avoided after surgery, which my mother had not long had. Our room was nice but smaller than we thought it would be and with no scenic window view. The hot tap wouldn't turn in at all. It's not cheap to stay there and faulty taps should be checked. My mother really fancied a beer and surprised to find they don't stock any, not to worry we had wine. Food was good. My massage was 20 minutes long, 5 min shorter than stated! It was tranquil and relaxing, thought the rest areas rather depressing and dark. Overall we had a nice stay but maybe wouldn't book again, pool was cold also.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sheree-Lou
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a 5 night stay on impulse after a gruelling few months recovering from an ankle trauma and reconstruction and a stressful few months in a new job. I expected a hedonistic paradise and was deeply disappointed in how run down and tacky this hotel was. It's overpriced and the website and all publicity material misrepresents the true experience. I have always associated Champneys with luxury. This experience is not luxurious at all and the accommodation is run down, in desperate need of refurbishment and modernisation pedestrian and ordinary. The dining rooms are uninspiring with nasty Formica tables and floors. The spa areas were not clean and the manicure I had was poor and cost a fortune.

The food is on the whole very good but frankly was the only good thing about my stay. I booked specifically for the thalassotherapy treatment which I didn't discover until I arrived was unsuitable for me given my recent surgery and the operations manager was sympathetic in giving a small refund so I could leave early and I left after only 3 days.

The owners of this brand have run it down and it has become unremarkable and drastically below the level it should be. I won't go there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jrfrank
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect...impressed with the situation we were directed to our room promptly on arrival. A triple room, plenty of space, but a shame to be on the top floor- it was all rather tired.
However, we quickly got involved with classes; in the pool, gym and studios. I was very impressed by the professionalism of the coaches. The evening meal choice was superb, as was the attentive service. Ample food for breakfast and lunch.
The only downfall was the lack of sleep due to the boiling got rooms, thin walls ( the women next door were LOUD!) and the Canada geese...I was even beginning to get used to seeing the majority of people wandering around and eating in bath robes..!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liphook
Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Haslemere
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,035 reviews
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Champneys Forest Mere? Share your experiences!