Went on a 2 day 'pampering break'. Absolutely fantastic location (request a room overlooking the lake as view is lovely); treatments are great - the therapists professional and friendly; food extremely good - beautifully served in nice restaurants. We stayed in a 'premier' room which was lovely - comfortable bed, nice sitting area and lovely patio. Worth going on a bike ride as the surrounding countryside is stunning.
However, and although we had a fabulous time and were treated like royalty, and came away thoroughly de-stressed and relaxed, there are a few small things that could be improved, particularly as the cost of the place means it must aspire to very high standards;
1. We booked for a fitness class, but the instructor didn't turn up
2. The grass on the outdoors badminton court and croquet lawn needs cutting
3. There is not enough seating around the indoor pool
4. The outdoor pool, whilst in a lovely setting and surrounded by pleasant flowerbeds and shrubs, needs attention. Not overly clean, and the surrounding flags need cleaning and weeding
5. We booked for a guided walk around the lake and grounds. Whilst the guide was extremely pleasant, she was a fitness instructor so not qualified or able to 'instruct' on flora/fauna
All the above are very minor gripes, and definitely wouldn't stop us going again. But, it is not cheap, so it has to set itself higher standards than others
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Champneys Forest Mere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Champneys Forest Mere Health Hotel Liphook
- Champneys Forest Mere Health Liphook
- Champneys Forest Mere Liphook, Hampshire