“Another relaxing stay at Champneys Forest Mere”

Champneys Forest Mere
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Liphook
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Another relaxing stay at Champneys Forest Mere”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've just come home and I'm already looking forward to going back in six months' time. Forest Mere has the most beautiful setting. As you follow the long drive in, the sight of massed rhododendrons reflected in the sparkling water of the lake is breathtaking. I can feel myself starting to relax before I've even checked in. The staff are unfailingly friendly and helpful, the food is exceptional and the rooms warm and comfortable. The bathrooms are immaculately clean but perhaps a little bit tired as others have commented - not really a big deal though. We like to do lots of classes and as usual we worked hard while having a lot of fun. Rebecca is a fantastic teacher and the visiting Zumba professional - Jennifer Phillip - took an amazing Zumba class - the most fun I've ever had in a fitness studio! The weather was so good that we were able to enjoy the outdoor pool too - a bonus. Roll on December ...

Room Tip: All rooms are good but those overlooking the lake are exceptional
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Will S, Deputy General Manager at Champneys Forest Mere, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, i am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to make such good use of the facilities, i quite agree that on a sunny day Forest Mere is a beautiful destination and the out door, heated pool is a real bonus.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Forest Mere for another enjoyable stay, although it may be a little cold for the outdoor pool this time!

Will

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We spent two nights at Forest Mere. The facilities and the available treatments, classes and general atmosphere was really good. Unfortunately at nearly £400 a night for a room the rooms were less than impressive. We were in standard rooms which took me back to my boarding school days.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ZedChick
Will S, Group Operations Manager at Champneys Forest Mere, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, i am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities, classes and treatments were to your liking. You will be pleased to hear that we have extensive refurbishment plans starting after the summer which will culminate in our bedrooms being refurbished. Please do remember that unlike many other resorts our prices do include all of your meals, use of the pool, spa, outdoor pool, up to 20 fitness and well being classes a day and several inclusive spa treatments.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have been to Forest Mere many times and find it a very peaceful relaxing place, with excellent food, a good range of facilities and very kind and caring therapists who do a wonderful job.

I had a ground floor room with an en-suite wet room, requested as I have a certain amount of disability. This was excellent in every respect and there was a small "patio" outside the French doors with a table and 2 chairs. It would be really nice if that path were flat and even (and not sloping), however, also if there were a small mat of some description by the door so that when going back into the room one didn't carry a bit of dirt from the path onto the room's carpet.

I really enjoyed going outside to admire the gardens, and last weekend the rhododendrons were reflecting prettily in the lake - as they have on some of my previous visits. I saw a lot of birds, which this time included several woodpeckers with their young. The whole area is "far from the madding crowds" and exactly right for a pampering weekend.

My only criticism is that when arriving at the front entrance, I walked up some fairly steep steps to Reception and asked if a porter could come and help me up with my 2 bags. Someone said they would get one, but he took so long that, by that time, my daughter, who had accompanied me and also had 2 bags (and her car to park) had got tired of waiting and carried all 4 bags up the steps herself. I am wondering if a buzzer or bell could be arranged somewhere at the foot of the steps, so that a request for a porter could be heard - and acted upon - at once?

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter. My ground floor room was ideal, being not far from Reception...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review i am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Champneys Forest Mere and were able to benefit from the lovely weather to relax in our beautiful grounds. I take your very valid point on board concerning the porter and will see what steps we can take to improve this situation.
It is great to hear feedback such as yours concerning the therapists and i will be sure to pass it on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Forest Mere again soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Amazing food, scenery, resort.... Everything to relax and unwind, great staff and very all very helpful. The staff have a wealth of knowledge and experience, from physical and spiritual well-being , I only wish I could of had my dog with me... :) other than that 100% on the button.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Will S, Group Operations Manager at Champneys Forest Mere, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Forest Mere and were able to relax and unwind during your time with us whilst enjoying some wonderful food and being looked after by the team here.

I hope to see you again at Forest Mere soon for another relaxing break.

uk
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a lovely day at Forestmere, we have been many times and we weren't disappointed!
Welcoming staff, delicious food,great classes-especially the Zumba class.
The shop was offering a thirds off all champneys products so we spent lots of money!!
We were using a special deal so it was great value.
All in all a relaxing day!

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable day with us at Forest Mere and that you are regular visitors to the resort! The third off promotion ends soon so you may want to use that as an excuse for another visit shortly! There will be some more great promotions stating this weekend though!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Forest Mere again soon.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went on a 2 day 'pampering break'. Absolutely fantastic location (request a room overlooking the lake as view is lovely); treatments are great - the therapists professional and friendly; food extremely good - beautifully served in nice restaurants. We stayed in a 'premier' room which was lovely - comfortable bed, nice sitting area and lovely patio. Worth going on a bike ride as the surrounding countryside is stunning.

However, and although we had a fabulous time and were treated like royalty, and came away thoroughly de-stressed and relaxed, there are a few small things that could be improved, particularly as the cost of the place means it must aspire to very high standards;

1. We booked for a fitness class, but the instructor didn't turn up
2. The grass on the outdoors badminton court and croquet lawn needs cutting
3. There is not enough seating around the indoor pool
4. The outdoor pool, whilst in a lovely setting and surrounded by pleasant flowerbeds and shrubs, needs attention. Not overly clean, and the surrounding flags need cleaning and weeding
5. We booked for a guided walk around the lake and grounds. Whilst the guide was extremely pleasant, she was a fitness instructor so not qualified or able to 'instruct' on flora/fauna

All the above are very minor gripes, and definitely wouldn't stop us going again. But, it is not cheap, so it has to set itself higher standards than others

Room Tip: Stayed in a premier room, which was lovely. Would request one overlooking the lake
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive review, I am pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us at Forest Mere and left feeling completely de-stressed and relaxed! I will follow up your valid comments regarding the pool's, grounds and classes with the Fitness and Maintenance Managers and ensure that steps are put into place immediately to avoid a repeat of these minor niggles so that guest experience is not impacted in future.

I do hope to see you at Champneys Forest Mere again soon so that you may see these changes in place.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have stayed at Forest Mere often over the years and also been on day spa packages. As soon as you drive off the main road, you feel you are in your own little bubble of escapism from the outside world. The location is dreamy, no matter what time of the year. Staff service levels are excellent. Food is very healthy and there is a wide choice on all meals to suit everyone. There is also a nice snack bar. You won't be hungry! There is plenty to occupy you in the day with super exercise classes, walks, treatments, swimming, steam, etc, etc. or you can just read, sleep and do very little. It's definitely a place for a great wind-down. Evenings are very quiet so take a good book, a pack of cards, games, etc. or socialise with the few who do stay up.

Room Tip: Upgrades from standard rooms are not OTT and do make a difference
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it is great to receive feedback from a regular guest who knows the resort so well and is able to provide such an accurate overview of Champneys Forest Mere. Your comments regarding the resort, team, food and facilities are very pleasing to hear and I will certainly pass your comments onto the team as feedback such as this only motivates us to keep up our standards and ensure that all guests are looked after in such a manner whilst here.

I look forward to seeing you for another visit again soon.

Will
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liphook
Grayshott Health Spa
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Haslemere
Park House Hotel & Spa

Been to Champneys Forest Mere? Share your experiences!